chapter 57

A/N: Sorry, Amores. This chapter is a little bit short because my laptop is totally dead now. I don't know if i'll buy another one or not but for now, there are more important things for me to spend my money on. I am only borrowing my mother's laptop for now but since she's using it too, i don't have enough time to write like i usually do. Anyway, let's see what happens next. Enjoy reading. Happy weekend. 

50 comments for the next chapter. :)

♡✩°- - - - -─── ─── - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 57

PRESENT

"NO." His voice held determination and his mother looked at him in disbelief upon hearing what he just uttered.

"What did you just say?"

"I'm sorry, mom, but this time, my answer is no. I can't leave Chloe just like that, especially now. I agreed to what you said before that I should concentrate on our plans in exchange for not hurting Chloe in anyway. Even though, I know you're not going to physically hurt her but I know that emotionally, you can.

"I thought I was doing the best for her when I decided to finish everything first but when I saw how sad and hurt she was, that very moment, I knew I messed up. I realized that I hurt her the most by leaving her without a word, without any explanation. Until now, I can't forgive myself.

"I never thought that I could feel this kind of pain in my heart. The look of anger, sadness and disappointment in her eyes a while ago while she was staring at me broke my heart over and over again. Honestly, I am so torn right now. I already anticipated that our situation would become difficult the moment you discovered about our relationship.

"I tried to hide to you how much I love her to the point of trying to mislead you when you suddenly showed up on Cupid's Island because I knew that the moment you discovered that Chloe was my girlfriend, you would do something to break us apart and I was right.

"You really did everything to separate us by making it look like I cheated on her. After that night, when you drugged me, and took me out of Cupid's Island without Chloe's knowledge, I could only imagine the pain she felt when she saw the picture that you sent to her." He couldn't hide the anger in his voice.

"If I've discovered about what you did earlier, I wouldn't've agreed to leave Chloe. I thought, I was protecting her but I was unaware that you already hurt her so much that night. I agreed to continue our plans in exchange for leaving Chloe alone. Yes, you didn't do anything to her this past one month but not because of your promise. It's because you finally got what you wanted. You succeeded on separating us." He paused as he felt like his strength left him.

He chuckled mirthlessly. "I've been nothing but a spineless coward for not being able to protect her. Now that she's pregnant, it's time for me to stand by her and protect her at all cost. Don't get me wrong. I will still do everything as planned because I made a promise to you but not for the expense of Chloe. If she cries again because of what we're doing then I don't have a choice but to give up and quit." Her eyes widened.

"Are you crazy?! After everything, you will just abandon our mission just for a woman?! So, you're going to choose her over your mother and brother who are in need of your help to achieve the justice that they deserve?!" She asked exasperatedly and Cross met her angry gaze.

"She's not just a woman, mom. She's Chloe. The love of my life."

"Miguel and Claudia are your family! Even though you've never met them before, your mother always loved you and longed for you! Never in her life that she didn't remember you even though no one believed her that you exist! Are you going to throw them away just like that because of Chloe?!" He shook his head.