39. LOVE

I'm back cheries❤
I hope I didn't make you wait for too long.
Remember to vote and comment.
Happy reading. ❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abhimanyu's POV

She was smiling at something mom said and I felt relief coursing through me. I know I've zoned out but I could care less about what they were talking about. It was two days ago when we fought, talked, confessed in our own twisted ways. And it was like saying those words had snatched her smile, this was the first time her lips had tilted, it might be the bare minimum but it was progress.

I had been so scared these two days wondering if I somehow pushed her away. But I hadn't been able to think when I had realised that she was planning to leave after this, my woman wasn't strong enough to fight for her own life. I was hurt, I was sad and all it came out like anger. The same one she had tampered down last day came bursting out of my skin and I lashed at her.

She didn't deserve that, not my anger, not her bast*rd family, nothing. She deserves the best things in the world and I failed, I failed the moment I snapped at her. She made no indication of being angry at me or upset about me shouting at her but just got silent. The first thing she said to me after that afternoon was good night.

Her silence scared me,she made no motion of avoiding me but just got completely silent.it was even worse than the Aradhya she was when she first came here. It’s like a part of her broke the day she said those words and she’s still processing whether it was a good thing or bad.

This is the first time I've been unable to gauge what’s going on in her mind. It's always visible on her face but these days it's like she's been wearing a mask, not just to hide from me but to hide from herself. Rajveer called last night and I was surprised to see her behave the same way as she always did but that ended with the phone call. I had never been more ashamed of myself then, I can’t believe how I could even suggest that she doesn’t care for him. He’s all she cares about.

“ What are you doing here bhai? ” I was just thinking how can our home have this much silence. Rudra’s been walking around my wife like a lost puppy and while that irritated me, I hoped that the chaos caused by him would overshadow the chaos inside her.

“ What do you think I am doing? ” I replied.

“ Umm, watching bhabhi like a creep.” He said as if watching my own wife is a crime now.
“ She’s my wife.”

“ But that doesn’t give you the right to upset her.”
I had no idea why he said it, I mean I know she’s upset because I know why and I notice everything about her, but his knowing it means that she was so upset that she couldn't even convince them she's not.

“ What are you looking at? You really think no one would realise something happened, do you take us for fools? Forget about me but do you really believe mom won’t realise anything wrong?” Rudra said as a matter of fact, he was right Mom really gives all her attention to my wife and there’s no way she could’ve missed it.

“ She has been trying to learn about her for months, she’s almost a professional now when it comes to Bhabhi. The only reason no one said anything was because she knows scolding you will only upset bhabhi more. I don’t know what she sees in you.”

As much as his words were true, his last sentence irked me, I know I’m not good enough for her but I’m not one of those good people who’ll let her go cuz she deserves better, I’d rather spend my whole life trying to be that, letting her go isn’t an option. It’s either her with me or death for me.

He grumbled something inaudible in his mouth and entered the room.
" Mom, I'm here to steal bhabhi now. " A frown formed on my face, it was time for her nap and I had no idea what my brother wanted to do.