23. PDA

Abhimanyu's POV

" Sir, Ashutosh Sinha is here. He said he wants to meet you. " My secretary told me after receiving a call from the reception. I wanted to deny him but I think I wanted to know why he came.

" Bring him to the side room. " I said to him before getting back to my work.
I did so for an hour before deciding to meet him, he was getting impatient, I saw it but still pretending to be okay with waiting.

" How are you beta? " This was the first thing that came out of his mouth, as if he wasn't cursing me in his mind. And I don't know who gave him the right to call me that.
" It's Mr. Singhania for you. " That shut him up and he blanched, having no counterwords

" Why are you here? " I asked directly, I didn't have time for his small talk.
" Well, I think you must've seen the news. " I did, the land they acquired with so much faith turned out to be their demise. The thing those news channel failed to say was that Sinhas were a sinking boat now, no cash flow and their partners backing off as soon as they could.

" So? " I could almost see smoke coming out of his ears, but he still maintained his smile. He said smiling, " Well I was thinking that maybe you can help us. "
I really wanted to applaud him for his shamelessness, even after seeing my disinterest in this matter, he still dared to continue.

" Why? " I asked.
" Well you have ties.. What? " He started to say but then realized that I wasn't asking how, I was asking why?
" Why should I help you? " I said simplifying my question for him.

" I'm aradhya's father. " He said as if it was supposed to convince me, it would've if he had been a father to her rather than just a sperm donor.
" She didn't say anything to me. " I said back, knowing too well, that she won't, she won't even ask me to help deal with them, so asking to help was a far fetched thought.

" That's because, we didn't tell her. We don't want her to worry unnecessarily. " I could've been convinced by him if she hadn't told me anything, the facade of being a father who couldn't bear to disturb his child.

" Oh really then call her, if she says I should help, then I will. " And that stumped him, I had a guess when I saw him coming here, rather than calling her. But seeing his reaction confirmed it, he didn't even had her number. And all that bullshi' about not wanting to worry her was just an excuse for not having her contact.

" I'm busy. Don't disturb me." I got up, I had enough of his drama. " And remember one thing, don't even think of using your relation to her in any way. You know too well that I have ties, if you cross the line, I'll make you lose everything the same day. Get that. " I saw his fist clenching but I didn't care. He really should be given an award for shamelessness.

.

My phone rang when it was time to wrap up my work, " Bhaiya. "
" Speak. "
" Pick me up. "
" Where are you? "
" Airport. " She wasn't supposed to be here.
" You didn't have a holiday. "
" I wanted to give you guys a surprise but then I realized I'm too tired for that. Come soon now. " Surprises and samaira are not a good combination.

" Wait for me. Idiot. " I muttered under my breath but I think not too well, " I heard you. "
" I wanted you to hear it. " I said before hanging up.
I told dad and rudra to go before and went to the airport.

She really has bad timing, it took me an hour to reach her and she was getting irritated.
" You're late. " She said, entering the car as if I wasn't already irritated enough for her delaying me from going back to my wife.
" And you're not needed, did that stop you? "

" Bhaiya, I am needed, who else is gonna tie you rakhi if I'm not here. " Rakhi, or Rakshabandhan, the day which she likes even more than her birthday. She had been crying when she called mom to say that she wasn't getting a holiday but I guess that wasn't true.