1. GOOD NIGHT.

Aradhya's POV

"We've reached. " His voice was laced with tiredness. I wasn't asleep, I just had to close my eyes so as so to not do something I don't want. I needed time to calm down. So the ride from sinha house to Singhania mansion was spent in silence. Maybe he understood my need for silence, as he did not say a word the entire time. It was already night. Singhania mansion was different from their house. Being one of the wealthiest in the whole country gave them the right to have as much as extravagant home they wanted. He opened the door of the car for me and as he offered his hand I took it, I couldn't handle this lehnga on my own anymore. I've been wearing it for almost 12 hours and from the itching at my back and neck, I knew I had rashes. Mr. Sinha went all out this time. He may have spended more than he spent on me in my life on this dress itself. He can't lose face now. Can he?

"Just a few minutes

"Just a few minutes. " I turned to him as he said that. My question evident on my face. " Mom has prepared some clothes for you. You can change after we enter. " It was funny you know, how a stranger was able to decipher my discomfort but my own family couldn't. The only person crying at my vidai was Shreya and what can you even expect from a fool. She's such an idiot, crying like we'll never meet again.

As we reached the door, a woman stopped us "Stop right there. " I couldn't decipher her emotions from her voice, but I knew who she was, Mrs. Devanshi Singhania or now my mother-in-law.

"Mom." Just as he was about to say something, she stopped him

"Samaira bring it here. " She said, I don't know what she was talking about. "Here mom. " I heard as a young girl who I guess is Samaira Singhania, came towards us with an aarti in her hand with two people behind her carrying a kalash and a plate with them.

"I can't let my daughter enter just like that. " I turned to her as I couldn't believe what she said. Daughter. The word still seemed foreign to me. I've been referred to as that girl, that child but never daughter. And I guess it must have been visible to her that she said, " What? My daughter has to have her welcome. Right? "

And I just nodded, I couldn't do anything else. I just watched her as she performed the Aarti, never in my life has someone seen me with such a gaze after grandma. Her eyes held so much love that I was scared that I was dreaming. I was still staring at her as she applied tilak on me and him.

"Devi, she's tired. Let her come in. "
I turned towards the person who said this. Mr. Shlok Singhania, head of the Singhania family, I didn't notice when he came and with him was another guy who looked just like the younger version of him. I knew who it was. Rudraksh Singhania.

"Yeah yeah, bache ye kalash apne daen paer se gira do. "

'Child hit this jar with your right toe. '

The softness in her was too true to be fake, I couldn't see anywhere else, just her face to see any sign of mockery or judgement. I couldn't find it, her face had pure love for whom I didn't want to guess. I turned my gaze away from her face when I realized I was being too blatant. " Now put your feet in this plate and then enter the house with you right feet. "