34. DOUBLE DATE

Author's POV

There were four people roaming in the mall, with the ladies in front while the men were carrying at least four bags each.

Yeah, they were our couples on their double date.
And not too surprisingly, Shreya's first destination was a mall.

She was shopping everything she liked and even making Aradhya buy whatever she looked at for more than a second. And the payment was left to the men, when Aradhya protested against it she reasoned by saying, " Isn't he earning for you to spend. It's not like he needs to save money. "

To which Abhimanyu nodded like a good husband, " Of course. I'll like the more you buy. "
" You—." Aradhya couldn't believe that he would say something like that.
" Come now. " Shreya dragged her to another store saying that.

Parth shook his head at his wife's reasoning but it's not like she was wrong. Isn't he also earning for her to spend. Her things are hers and his things are hers too, he is all hers what does a bit of money account for.

Abhimanyu and Parth followed after them but Shreya stopped them, " You guys stay here. We'll come after we're done. "
She said and left them, without giving them any reason but they wouldn't defy her now. Parth being the henpecked husband he is and Abhimanyu being in his probation period didn't want to give her any more reason to not like him.

While the men stayed back and decided to go to the lounge area, the females were going into a lingerie store, or more like Aradhya was being dragged by Shreya into the store.

" Aru please. For me.. " Shreya said to her while giving puppy eyes to aradhya and she finally sighed before getting in.
It wasn't that they never shopped before, but this time she had a feeling that shreya was planning something.

But nothing happened, shreya bought a set of lingerie for herself and Aradhya denied when she asked if she wanted some.
Aradhya was sceptical why she agreed so easily after how she had dragged her in.

It was when she took her to buy a nightwear that she understood her intentions.
Even after declining about needing anything like that, Shreya was adamant about not leaving the store until she bought it.

So finally deciding on the most conservative piece she could find, they paid the bill before leaving. She was glad that her husband wasn't with them now or else she won't know how to face him.

What she didn't know was, that Shreya had used the card Abhimanyu had given her so the message about his account being debited went straight to his mobile, along with the name of the store.

After an hour of shopping when shreya finally deemed to have bought enough things, they went to find the men in the restaurant.
Both of them were talking and that's what they had done for the past hour.

" I'd really love to work with you some day. " Parth said and before Abhimanyu could answer, shreya smacked him on his head.

" Seriously? You guys have been talking about business all this while? " She said looking at them incredulously. Disbelief evident on her face as if she couldn't believe that they'll spend the time of the date talking about work.

While it wasn't what they talked about, both men remained silent, not disagreeing with her.
Shreya had five bags with her, while Aradhya was carrying two.

Both men got up from their seats and took the bags from them before keeping it on the chairs that already had the other bags.
Both of them pulled the chairs for their partners before sitting in their's simultaneously.

" What do you want to eat? " Parth asked Shreya, who answered enthusiastically, " Burger, fries and chilli paneer. "

A frown on disapproval formed on his face at her choice, and she gave him a look that said, please. He never liked her eating junk food but that's the only thing she enjoys eating, other than his cooking of course.