7. GO BACK.

Abhimanyu's POV  

I didn't think much before I did that, I just knew I've been too long without her. When she responded I could feel her, her confusion, she wanted it but why, she didn't know it.. It's okay. I'll help her remember, and if she never does, I'll make her feel again. I took a cold shower, I had thought of taking a warm one at night, but now I'll have to do this.
I changed into my pants and a sweatshirt. She was still on the bed when I entered, seeing something on the phone. I didn't say it in the morning but she looked so beautiful that she took my breath away. The sarees suit her. Everything suits her what am I even thinking about. She looks good in anything she wears.

"I have something to tell you" I said as I remembered the discussion we were having downstairs before she came. I didn't want to bother her about this, but I do need her opinion, she always had her own thoughts, I wouldn't want to do something to sabotage anything she has planned.

Sitting before her as we were before, I looked at her. She was back to her normal self, if I couldn't see her lips which were a bit swollen due to me, I would've thought I imagined that.
"Is everything alright? "
" Yeah, actually it's about what we talking downstairs. " I was still debating whether I should tell her or not.

" You don't have say it if you don't want to. "
" It's not that. " Shit..  She thought I didn't want to tell her,
" It's just about your family. "
" Oh? Is something wrong? " Her question was as nonchalant as it could be. I had guessed it but it still felt foreign to me. My family has been my everything until her.

" Yeah your mom's company got sealed this morning. Someone reported that many of the launched products have failed the clinical trials. The investigation is going on and it doesn't looks like, it's in their favour. "

" Oh, that's it. " She didn't sound surprised at the news.
" Huh, yeah that's it. "

" I knew that, I saw it on the news." This explains her lack of surprise.
" Do you want me to do something? " I asked what I wanted to know,
" About what? "

" To help them."

" No, Dont. They can handle such things. Don't bother about them. "
Even though she passed it, I could see her frown when I mentioned helping them. I knew I had to stay away.

"Alright."
" Also, " She said just as I got up from the bed.
"Yes, "
" I have to go back. "
" Huh, your house? "

" No, I have to get somethings frim my apartment. " I thought she lived with them. This made me realize that I still don't know many things about her. But now that she has agreed I have all the time to learn everything there is to know about her.

" You didn't live with them. "
" No, I moved out when I turned 18."
" Alright, we'll leave tomorrow evening, and be back the next morning. Is it good? "

" I can go by myself. "

" But I want to go with you. Can I? "
And she nodded, just a tiny nod but it was there.

" Come let's go for dinner. " I held my hand before her, and I could see her contemplating what to do but in the end she placed her on mine. "Hmm" And we made our way downstairs.

After dinner she was with mom and dadi for sometime, Samaira was in her room, packing. Madam had decided to live in a hostel, no matter that she'll be back here in a month at most, she can try.
I was with dad and rudra in my office, " Did you talk to her? " Dad asked.

" Hmm. "
" What did she say? "
" Don't interfere. "
"Huh? "
" Let's not interfere with the Sinhas from now on. "

" You're sure. They'll her family. "
" She said so. She must have her own ideas. And we don't know what family marries their daughter off for a deal. " I don't show it but I almost killed that man for just trying to sell his daughter.

Dad didn't say anything, he got up patted my shoulder and left.
" Your bhabhi and I'll be leaving tomorrow. " I said turning to my brother who was browsing something through the files.
" Woah bhai. Where? Honeymoon? "
What does even goes in this guy's head. Slamming a file onto his head, " No her home. She needs some things back. "

" Sinha house? But bhai won't they then ask you for help? "
" She has lived alone since she turned 18"

"Oh," I could see the wheels in his turning, connecting my decision and this new information. " Don't worry bhai, I'll take care here. "
" Hmm, go now. Good night. "
" Good night bhai. "

She was still up when I got to our room. Our, it sounded good, I was never comfortable with people intruding in my space but her, she seems natural in it. Like she's not someone else.

She was wearing a green colored night suit, which I'm sure mom selected. Everything in the closet was handpicked by maa. It was when she started laying the blankets and pillow on the couch that I remembered,
" Hey it's my turn. You take the bed today "
" But," She wanted to argue but I stopped her,
" You're the one who said. Now go. "
She said nothing as she shook her head and laid down the bed, " Good night. "
" Good night. " And she clicked the lights off.

She was up before me today too and as I had learned the lesson from yesterday, I was already seated when she came out of the bathroom. Today madam decided to make purple my favorite, her hair was left loose falling onto her back, she just wore an earring and her mangalsutra, the chura on her wrist made her hands look even more fair than they already are and I noticed it yesterday too, she came out after applying vermillion too. I missed another chance, I'll have to put the vermillion box in the room rather than the bathroom.

" You know you don't have to wear a saree

" You know you don't have to wear a saree. Mom and dadi won't say anything. " I said, and it is true, mom too doesn't wear it unless it's necessary.

" Oh, I want to. " I don't know if it was her intention or not but her words sounded eerily familiar to what I said to her last night.

" You like wearing them? "

" Uh huh. It's comfortable. "

" I'll ask mom to buy some more.
" I said, just to see her reaction.
" Huh? No they're already enough in the closet, I don't want more. Really. " She said emphasising the really too much. Haha, controlling my smile at her reaction, I said " Alright." And made my way to the bathroom.

After breakfast, I did what I do everyday, first saying everyone bye and then to her, kissing her forehead, " I'll be back by 4. We can leave after that. Okay? "
"Hmm." Everyone had already left, it seems like they've got the cue.
" Shall I go? " I asked, I don't want to leave.

"Hmm." Oh god, when would the day come when she'll ask me to stay. Not thinking much, I left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short chapter guys but I promise I'll pick up my pace in a few days.
Till then happy reading ❤
~AUTHOR🌹