Alpha - A Snowflake - Chapter 37

Začít od začátku

"Eomma, your emotions are overflowing. Please refrain from expressing your weakness. A powerful woman like you... shouldn't let your emotions seize control of your mind and body," I chuckled, smugly lowering my face to shorten the gap between our faces.

Eomma immediately pursed her lips with a startled expression as I smirked at the burning tears until the warm stream slid down her face. She sniffled and quickly wiped away her tears, briefly glancing at the hushed elders in embarrassment. I deeply exhaled while straightening my body with the bright handprint stamped on my cheek. It didn't hurt because the burn eventually grew numb.

"You could've contacted us-"

"I was abducted, but everyone within this household failed to save me. Why are you blaming me for narrowly escaping death at my own effort? Should I have died at the hands of those fuckers? I had to race to the elite meeting to shield my crumbling household from the council's persistent aggression because the household's authority was basically powerless without my existence. It's a nuisance, really. And why are you upset at me for being innocently tortured over your past affairs with the dead supreme alpha? It is me... who should be upset with you for failing to defend your own daughter. Don't worry, eomma. They'll never find my dead corpse to prove my death. I'll live for a long... long time... to ensure... every person... suffers from my existence," I smiled while patting her shoulder to comfort her.

My mother dreadfully stared at my unblinking vacant gaze as Jungkook frowned at my statement until blood drained from Mrs. Kim's face. Mr. Jeon stood stiff in place, so I turned to smile at Taehyung, who was standing behind my back with his thick eyebrows scrunched together. He looks like an angry bird. I don't remember Kim Taehyung being this expressive?

"Sora. We were searching for a solution to rescue you-"

"You didn't search hard enough," I shrugged, rudely cutting Mr. Jeon short, and strolled past the elders. They unconsciously stepped aside, so I beckoned Do-hwan and left the property.

Big man took me back to the penthouse... but the man refused to leave my side. So I had no choice but to let him stay in the guest bedroom. The man didn't dare bother me and quietly minded his own business.

The first thing I did upon my eventual arrival at my home was resume the incomplete chores. I placed the dirty laundry from the day I was missing into the washing machine, poured detergent, and left the storage room to grab a vacuum to suck up the thin dust coat over the floor.

Do-hwan frowned at my active behavior as I tackled my daily routine without speaking to him. I mopped the floor, turned on the humidifier, and threw out the spoiled food in the fridge. I soaked the window sweeper and wiped the glass wall clean before entering my room to change the bedsheets... and proceeded to wash my bathroom until the penthouse was sparkly and spotless... and I was dripping in sweat from the exhaustive labor.

I finally slid into the warm water in the tub after I calmed down to take a peaceful bath and strolled out of my bedroom in my nightgown to find Do-hwan placing a few bags on the coffee table. He ordered us food. It's getting dark. Is he staying..? I quietly sat down to slurp the black bean noodle he bought and drank the soda with my stuffed cheeks as the man sat across from me, funnily peeking now and then at my composed behavior.

"You can talk," I muttered while chewing on one side of my puffy cheek. He cleared his throat awkwardly and took a sip of his beer.

"Are you sure you're not hurt...? We should perform a medical checkup," He worriedly studied my throat. Do-hwan must've seen the livestream...? I thought I'd die with a broken neck from being strangled, but I didn't. The unknown people kept me alive, barely... just enough to trade my dying soul for another person. I chewed the food with my dull gaze on Do-hwan's concerned frown.