Back at the hospital, Hector and Gina are inside the infants' ward. Hector wipes away his tears and says that he cannot let his daughter die. Gina puts an arm around her brother and says that they should talk to Isabella to save the child. Hector says that he just hopes that Marianna and Isabella don't use this to score points.

Meanwhile, Isabella calls Claudia and tells her what Marianna told her. Claudia asks Isabella where she is. Isabella says that she's in the house, but will leave to go to the hospital quite soon. Claudia tells her to stay put because she is on her way. Isabella agrees. She is curious as to what Claudia is up to.

Meanwhile, Gina calls Antonio to update him, as Hector calls Martin. Adrianna meanwhile, arrives at the waiting area. Anna Patricia arrives sometime later, to represent the rest of the family. She follows Gina so that she can update her.

Sometime after that Claudia arrives at Isabella's house. Isabella tells her about Marianna's updates from the doctor. Claudia says that they can kill two birds with one stone and deliver a double blow. Isabella is genuinely confused and asks Claudia what she is talking about. Claudia tells her to be patient because she is about to tell her.

Back at the hospital, Hector can sense that something is wrong with Adrianna. He has asked her before but she says she's fine which he knows is a lie. He is with her at the infants' ward. They look at the baby. Hector again asks her if she is okay. She doesn't look at him but instead looks at the baby. The child is beautiful. She cannot explain why, but there is something, she feels when she sees her.

Hector, removes his hands from his pockets and holds Adrianna's face so that she can face him. Again he asks her if she is fine. She wiggles out from his embrace and says that there isn't the right place or time. He asks her if Alejandro was there. Her reaction to his question tells it all. Alejandro was there.

Back at Isabella's house, she pretends to be shocked. She says to herself that the more Claudia digs herself in, the less likely she will be to tell Antonio the truth. Isabella says that they need to discuss things quickly and Claudia agrees.

Meanwhile, Adrianna is with Hector at the cafeteria, when Aranza calls her because she wants updates. She says she'd call Hector, but she doesn't want to bother him by asking him questions because he is stressed enough. Adrianna tells her that the baby's condition hasn't improved and that the doctor added that Isabella was the only one who could donate to save her. Aranza says that she is no baby and that she can sense that something is up with her (Adrianna). Adrianna says that she's fine. She adds that she was just thinking about the possibility that Isabella and Marianna might use the baby's illness for their own plans.

Aranza is shocked at the possibility. She asks Adrianna if she thinks that Marianna would joke around with her daughter's life. Adrianna says she's not sure, but Marianna is Isabella's best friend and not very intelligent. Aranza says they will talk later because she is on her way to an exam room. Adrianna frowns and tells her that she will question her later. Hector asks her what Aranza was up to that has her annoyed at her.

Adrianna says that she doesn't mind if Aranza wants to check on his daughter but she called on her way to an exam.

Adrianna says that she should be focusing on the exam. Hector smiles. He says to himself that Aranza is just like him, and those were the kinds of stunts he pulled while still in campus. Adrianna folds her hands and glares at him. She asks him if he finds it funny. Hector shrugs and says that he was never a stressed-out student. He adds that he studied in advance and never crammed the morning before, and he turned out very well. Hector then reminds her that she hasn't told him yet what Alejandro, told her.

Meanwhile, back at the mental hospital, John remembers what Gina told him yesterday. He says that if he ever leaves the hospital, he would do all he could to help them.

Meanwhile, Adrianna has just told Hector what Alejandro told her. He gets angry at Alejandro.

Sometime later, Isabella arrives and leaves with Marianna, so they can talk on the side. Also, Horacio arrives. Gina had gone, to get something. When she turns to go back into the hospital, she runs into Horacio. He says that she looks as beautiful as ever. Gina ignores him and tries to move past him, but he blocks her. Horacio says that they need to talk. Gina says that they have nothing to say to each other. She adds that as soon as the DNA test is done, and they have concrete proof, their separate lives will go on, and that any communication will be formal and through the phone because she cannot stand seeing him. Horacio says that things won't be quite that easy.

Meanwhile, Marianna and Isabella are in the children's playground at the hospital. Marianna tells Isabella that she should get the donation, over and done with. Isabella says she will, but that it wouldn't only depend on her. Marianna asks her what she is talking about. Isabella says that they have the opportunity to get Adrianna out of the way. Isabella says that the plan is to threaten Adrianna that she won't save the child if she doesn't leave Hector. Marianna is very shocked. She says that she may not be a saint, but playing around with the life of a child is too much. Isabella tells her not to be melodramatic.

She says that the child won't die because Adrianna is a good kindhearted person and she won't let that happen. Marianna asks Isabella how that benefits her. Isabella says that if Alejandro and Horacio put pressure on Adrianna and Gina about the children, and she puts pressure on Adrianna with saving the baby, they will all get what they want. Isabella adds that Horacio will additionally threaten Gina with hurting the mad man, to get her to comply. Before Marianna can reply, Isabella's phone rings. It is Antonio. She smiles and then picks it up.

Meanwhile, Gina asks Horacio what he means. He says that if she wants to remain with Antonio, she will have to give up their son. Gina is shocked. Horacio tries to touch her but she recoils. She says that he doesn't even respect the sanctity of human life, by bringing a child into the world for the wrong reasons. Horacio tells her to stop being so melodramatic. He says that he will never let Antonio have her.

Meanwhile, Isabella asks Antonio if he misses her yet. He tells her to stop her nonsense and asks her if she is at the hospital. Isabella says she is. Antonio asks her if she will save the baby's life. She says that she will. Isabella adds that she isn't as evil as he thinks.

Later, Antonio, Aranza, Aurelio, Emma, and Martin arrive at the hospital. Antonio can tell something happened to Gina, but he is afraid to ask her because of how secretive she can be.