CHAPTER 21: My Darling Charlotte

Start from the beginning

Zach helps me up and I turn my head to look at Ames, and she gives me a reassuring thumbs up. She excuses herself from Timothy and does a slight jog towards me that makes me smile. She's so cute.

"That was so much better," she says as she comes to a stop before me, and I can't help but beam. "Do you see the difference using your strengths as opposed to trying to match your opponent's makes?"

I nod my head a yes, "I mean, I lost but I feel a lot better about it," I confess.

"Me too," she admits, "I only wanted to kill him a little bit this time," she jokes, and I laugh.

"What about a quick fight for old time's sake Alpha?" Zach proposes to Amari from where he's standing near the water cooler.

"You want to get your ass beat a second time?" she jests, kicking off her platform slides. She's wearing black, bell bottom, high waisted formal pants with a collared black crop blouse with longs sleeves that she folds up, revealing her toned arms. I practically salivate at the sight, and I know I'm down bad.

She looks at me with a smirk, like she knows that the simple sight of her arms turns me on.

Behave

She mind links me, confirming my fears.

Make me

I retort, refusing to be embarrassed.

Instantly she's standing in front of me, looking me in the eyes with a mischievous grin as she slowly pulls her hair back into a puffy, long ponytail.

"Some privileges you have to beg for Miss Odair," she breaths into my ear and I feel my eyes flash my arousal, and that shuts me up. She turns away from me satisfied and faces her challenger.

To say there was even a fight would be an exaggeration. Zach, this valiant warrior who has kicked my ass twice now, was folded by Amari in seconds. She seemed to have even surprised herself. She was quick, strong and decisive. She helps Zach up and he imitates a bow to signify her superiority. In the corner of my eye, I catch someone watching from a distance, both concerned and impressed by what he's just witnessed.

Amari follows my gaze and upon seeing the guy, lets out a barely audible growl before seemingly calming herself down and walking towards me.

"That's Denzel Black," she explains, "not really an enemy but definitely not a friend." I nod my head and make a note to get the story on him later.

Amari leave training and I finish up under the instruction of Timothy, with the companionship of Deidra, Mo and Brie. Although I enjoy their company, I miss my mate. In fact, I miss her every time she isn't within touching distance, and oh how so badly I want to touch her. More so now than ever before.

It's like I have this insatiable need in me to consume and be consumed by her. I want every part of her, and I don't know how to bare the aching need. We talked about it and both of us agreed to wait until after the full moon to mark each other out of concern of what the "change" that all the diaries are writing about could bring. It seemed like a prudent resolution at the time but now? Now it sounds so stupid and masochistic.

Masochistic because as of late, it almost hurts to be away from her. It's like I crave her touch so much that today when she told me she couldn't train me I almost let out a whimper. But being around her? Torture. Every touch is electrifying, everything about her is mesmerising. All she needs to do is exist and I'm panting like a dog in heat trying to restrain myself.

I think if we are going to stay true to our commitment to waiting until after the change to mate then we can't be in the same space. That's exactly what I tell her when I see her after training. The full moon is in 3 days, and we'll be fine sleeping separately until then. It's a long conversation, dragged out by my own indecision, but she relents, and we agree.