Chapter 14 - Tensions

Börja om från början

I'm quickly drawn out of my trance as Marisa steps in front of my line of view looking all giddy. "I want all the details!"

"It's your cousin." I state with a deadpan look.

Her face changes slightly into a more serious look. "Oh right sometimes I forget I'm related to that grumpy man." She flashes me a sorry smile and I exhale, feeling off the hook.

"Not so fast, you still have to tell me everything that happened at least. But... spare some details of course." She regains her devious expression.

I groan and fall back into bed.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

There wasn't much to tell Marisa. I left out the part where we kissed and just jumped straight to the part where I was worried about today and he got into bed with me to answer all my questions about the ceremony, somewhere amidst all my questions I must've fallen asleep and I suppose Legion must've too.

She didn't believe me and immediately began searching my neck for marks. This got me worried as I remembered Legions lips against my neck, thankfully she found none. This revelation made me shudder however as I realized that Legion was holding back on me last night. I began to wonder what it would feel like if he wasn't holding back at all while Marisa was questioning me, which made concentrating quite difficult.

Marisa seemed disappointed that nothing had happened yet she still didn't believe me. I of course couldn't tell her that she was right and especially not about the kiss as I was still processing that part myself.

I sigh but my sigh feels heavier than usual now that I'm surrounded by the water in my bath. Marisa had one of the women draw a bath for me, as a start to my 'special day', like she put it.

The pressure from the water feels both comforting due to the significant slowing of my heartbeat but it also feels suffocating as the weight of the water almost makes it harder to take complete breaths.

I close my eyes as I try to recall some of Legions answers.

The whole castle will be there.

An elder will ask you questions.

A crown will be placed on your head.

Elders will perform an ancient ritual.

I submerge my head under water to escape my restless mind but quickly give up as it just makes my thoughts and anxieties sound so much louder in the silent water.

I fully give up on trying to relax and exit the bathtub. The long mirror in the bathroom is fogged up but I can still see my bare silhouette in it's reflection. As I stand there looking at myself another thought appears in my head.

Am I good enough to be a queen? A Luna? Anything but myself?

I lean further into the mirror as I direct my attention to my face, a flashback of yesterday rush through my mind and I gently touch my lips where his lips once were.

Is it crazy that I want more of that?

A gentle knock sounds at the door and I quickly pull away from the mirror and wrap myself in the soft robe on the counter.

"Yes?" I respond.

Marisa peaks her head in, "oh good you're done." She fully opens the door to reveal a whole staff of women behind her.