Battle 17: The Great Fighting Pokémon Battle

Start from the beginning

Kota: I gotta say, this guy trained his Hitmonnchan well. And I should know having a Hitmonchan myself.

Duplica: Who is he anyway?

Niko: Does that mean this Hitmonchan's yours?

Rebecca: Daddy! Daddy, please come home! A young girl came out and said.

Anthony: Rebecca?

Rebecca: Daddy, please quit Pokémon training and come home with me!

Anthony: I won't come home until I become champion of the P1 Grand Prix. He said not willing to back don.

Rebecca: Daddy!

Kota: The P1 Grand Prix? Kota muttered.

Anthony: I'll be in the gym taking on challengers. The gym's that way. I'll be waiting for ya. Anthony and Hitmonchan run ahead. His daughter stood there upset.

Rebecca: I'm really sorry my father bothered you.

Kota: Huh? Oh, no problem at all, miss.

Rebecca: Can I ask a favor of you Pokémon trainers? A really, really big favor?

Niko: What kind of favor?

Rebecca: Please, I want you to defeat my father's Hitmonchan.

Niko, Kota & Duplica: Huh??

Eevee: Vee?

Soon, our heroes arrive at the Fighting Spirit gym, a small gym run by Rebecca's father.

Duplica: The Fighting Spirit gym.

Niko: This looks a lot different than the gyms I've been to.

Kota: Well there are different kinds of gyms. Duplica noticed a poster on the wall.

Duplica: What's the P1 Grand Prix? Duplica asked.

Kota: It's short for "Pokémon Number 1 Grand Prix". It's a competition that only allows Fighting Pokémon to participate. They battle there to prove who's the best.

Niko: Really? Come to think of it, I think you mentioned something like that before.

Rebecca: That's right. Because my father wants to win the P1, he's training all the time and ignoring his family.

Kota: I see. So you want us to beat his Pokémon so that he'll come home?

Rebecca: Right.

Kota: Hmm. Well, I've actually been looking forward to entering, so this works out perfectly. Machop, come out. Machop materializes.

Machop: Chop.

Kota: Machop, are you ready to fight in the P1 Grand Prix? Machop looked at the poster.

Machop: Machop! (I'm ready) Machop said confident.

Kota: Alright!

Meanwhile, outside the arena, Team Rocket spots a poster for the competition

James: A big Pokémon match!

Meowth: And feast your eyes on that prize!

Jessie: I'd love to get my hands on that championship belt.

James: And if we sold the belt, we could stuff ourselves at the all-you-can-eat buffet!

Meowth: Unlimited food! Honey-glazed ham, roast leg of lamb, strawberry jam.

James: Sirloin steaks, chocolate cakes.

Jessie: Can't you numbskulls think of anything but food?! Jessie smacks James and Meowth with fans to snap them out of their daydream.