uǝǝʇɹᴉɥʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

Start from the beginning

Mo Zi clenched her fist beside her, her teeth grinding with anger. What scum of a person would hit a child like that!

The doctor who had been dazed by the attack initially tried to shield the girl but was held back by Wang. Wang delivered a powerful kick to the doctor's abdomen, causing him to curl up in pain, wincing.

Mo Zi couldn't stand by and watch any longer. Her upbringing didn't allow her to turn a blind eye at times like these. She emerged from the restroom, squatted down in front of the little girl, wiped her tears, and comforted her in a soft voice, "Don't cry."

The aggressive family members were also momentarily stunned. Suddenly, another doctor rushed out, a pregnant woman. She wasn't someone they could hit, yet not hitting her also presented a dilemma. They didn't know what to do for a moment.

Just then, the hospital director and several security guards arrived, their imposing presence striking fear into the crowd. The security guards shouted at the family members, "What are you doing? Stop it!"

Wang's thick and raised eyebrows twitched, a fierce expression on his face. He grabbed the doctor by the waist and dealt a powerful blow to her abdomen. Several security guards rushed forward to restrain Wang, while the other family members turned on the security guards, resulting in a chaotic scuffle near the restroom entrance.

Mo Zi quickly stood up, holding onto the little girl, wanting to leave. But even though she was fast, she was still a pregnant woman. One of the family members noticed Mo Zi's intention and retaliated by forcefully pushing a security guard in her direction, his eyes filled with malice.

Before Mo Zi could take a step, a powerful force came from behind her. She lost her balance, fell heavily to the ground, and upon hitting the ground, a sharp, intense pain radiated from her belly. The pain caused her body to tremble, and her shirt quickly became soaked with sweat. Soon after, she lost consciousness, her vision turning dark and hazy. She thought she heard the hurried breathing of people outside:

"Make way, make way, call for help!"

"Her water might have broken."

"Doctor Mo, you have to hold on!"

...

When Mo Xi received a call from Xiao Jun, he was playing a game with MischievousChild. He had just finished his mid-term exams and wanted to relax.

"Hello, Xiao Xi," Xiao Jun's voice sounded hoarse over the phone, "Can you get in touch with your dad?"

"Yes," Mo Xi used one hand to control the game on his keyboard and the other to hold the phone, asking, "Is there something wrong?"

His sister usually didn't bother with their dad, and his brother-in-law had never contacted their dad before either.

"I want to borrow some cash from him, your sister...," Xiao Jun paused for a moment, speaking in a hushed voice, "she's in the hospital emergency room."