ʇɥƃᴉǝ ɐɹʇxǝ

Start from the beginning

One afternoon, Song Wanqin asked Pei Hao to tidy up and come home for dinner in the evening. She mentioned that his father would also be there. Pei Hao didn't think much of it and agreed.

Since he was discharged from the hospital, he hadn't had a meal with his father. He visited Song Wanqin twice a week, making sure to do so when Pei Yi Xin wasn't around. Apparently, Song Wanqin wanted to ease the tension between him and his father, so Pei Hao decided to go along with it.

After all, not everyone who comes out as gay gets the privilege of having a family dinner at home.

As soon as he entered the house, Pei Hao sensed that something was off. Song Wanqin had put on makeup and was wearing a rarely-seen qipao, with an exquisite brooch pinned to it. Pei Yi Xin had changed from his usual poker face to one with a smile.

When he looked into the living room, he saw an affluent-looking elderly couple sitting there, and a young woman standing beside them.

"Xiao Hao is here. Come over," Song Wanqin grabbed Pei Hao's hand as soon as he entered the room, pointing to the three people inside and introducing them with enthusiasm, "This is Uncle Zhou and Aunt Qin, and this is their daughter."

Pei Hao immediately understood the situation. This wasn't just a family dinner; it was clearly a large-scale blind date event...

He twitched the corner of his mouth and reluctantly nodded at the people on the other side, forcing a smile.

"Hello, I'm Zhou Qingyan." The girl on the other side was dressed in a white lace dress, wearing high heels and delicate makeup. She extended her hand to Pei Hao with confidence.

"Pei Hao." Pei Hao extended his hand with a neutral expression, giving a quick shake before retracting it. He wasn't fond of physical contact with strangers.

Zhou Qingyan paused for a moment after her hand was withdrawn, her facial expression not looking too pleased.

"Indeed, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Pei Hao seems clever and capable at first glance. He's surely going to achieve great things in the future!" Zhou Zhen stood up, smiling broadly as he patted Pei Hao's back. It was unclear whether he was genuinely satisfied with Pei Hao or just trying to maintain a polite atmosphere.

Upon hearing this, Song Wanqin's face blossomed with a smile, and she humbly responded, "Oh, not at all. Qingyan inherited your genes, after all. She's beautiful and smart..."

The mutual compliments began...

Pei Hao found a place to sit, boredly listening to both sets of parents boasting about him and the girl, Zhou Qingyan, they were trying to introduce him to. To think that they dared to say he would achieve great things even after just meeting for the first time. Even a fortune teller wouldn't dare make such predictions.

He thought about what excuse he could use to make a quick escape.