ɹnoɟ ɐɹʇxǝ

Începe de la început

Shane looked at Mo Xi's confused expression and couldn't resist ruffling his hair. Did this kid actually forget his own birthday? He lived in a daze, which made him all the more endearing.

Feeling a bit uneasy, Mo Xi averted his gaze and asked, "Where are we going?"

"I've made a reservation at a restaurant." Shane's eyes were fixed on him, and his affection was impossible to hide.

"Alright." Mo Xi nodded and followed Shane towards the parking lot.

In just a few minutes, the winter sun consciously dimmed its light, making way for the unexpected sleet. Snowflakes fell relentlessly, carried by the wind. Many pedestrians quickened their steps along the roadside.

Suddenly, a figure appeared in front of them. Amidst the bustling crowd, this figure stopped and quietly watched them.

Mo Xi couldn't help but stop in his tracks and look ahead.

The person was wearing a black windbreaker, standing straight in the snow and wind. His eyes were deep and unfathomable, staring coldly at Mo Xi. He tightly pursed his slightly pale lips, and his sharp jawline seemed even more pronounced. His brows were knitted into a curve of pain.

Seeing the familiar profile, Mo Xi's heart skipped a beat.

He had never expected to encounter Pei Hao in such a place and under such circumstances. It felt like a dream, so unreal that it made him doubt his senses.

Snowflakes descended like a chaotic mix of a thousand thoughts, blurring everything in an instant. It was like the person's eyes, harboring too many emotions, too intense to look at directly.

The two of them stood facing each other, still and silent.

After a while, Shane nudged Mo Xi's elbow and curiously asked, "Is he a friend of yours?"

Mo Xi stood stunned as if short-circuited, only then pulling his gaze away from Pei Hao. He shook his head slightly, whispered a response that it wasn't, and then took brisk strides forward without looking back at that person again.

A gust of wind blew, and the snowfall intensified. It seemed like the world was about to be engulfed in white. To Pei Hao, each snowflake that hit his face felt like a sharp knife, soundless yet pricking his skin.

And Mo Xi's simple "no" was the sharpest blade, carrying a scorching temperature that burned him raw.

He had intended to silently watch over Mo Xi, but with this sudden addition to Mo Xi's side, he finally couldn't hold back.

He had many things he wanted to say, to ask Mo Xi how he was doing, whether he had any plans of returning to China. A thousand words were on the tip of his tongue, but in the end, he was defeated by Mo Xi's simple "no."

Pei Hao stood still, his face pale. He didn't know how much time had passed until the snow stopped. Sometimes fate was like a tide, rushing in all directions, and as a character in this drama, he was completely helpless.