Pei Hao was willing to go to any lengths to find someone. Even when Mo Xi deleted his WeChat, he found ways to check his recent status through other people's phones. He even used a VPN to secretly follow Mo Xi's Facebook and see his new circle of friends.

After not too much time, Pei Hao pinpointed the city and school where Mo Xi was studying.

And it's not like he hadn't gone there.

During vacations, Pei Hao would fly over to steal a few glances at him. He didn't want to seem like a stalker, so he just stood not far from the school gate, watching quietly.

Sometimes he got lucky and saw him several times in a day. That person was still the same, oblivious and even in winter not dressing warmly enough, making his nose red. So Pei Hao managed to get Mo Xi's new address from Da Bai and sent him clothes and scarves under Da Bai's name.

Sometimes luck wasn't on his side, and he wouldn't see him for several days. Pei Hao didn't know if he was sick and couldn't attend class or if he was out with friends. He could only grudgingly take another dozen-hour flight back to his own country.

People who didn't know might think he had a lover in the United States, someone he was particularly fond of.

But he had never approached Mo Xi first. In his midnight reveries, he always heard Mo Xi's resolute words from their last meeting, "Then I'll leave again, until you give up."

While Pei Hao was avoiding Mo Xi, Mo Xi avoided him and even went to the United States. Where else could Pei Hao force him to go? Maybe if he showed up again, Mo Xi would escape to Africa next time.

Not disturbing Mo Xi was the only thing he could do for him now.

When Pei Hao returned to X City, the old man had already arranged things, planning for him to learn for a few years before taking over the company. In this lifetime, Pei Yi Xin hadn't really paused to enjoy life. He wanted to take Song Wanqin around to see the world while he could still move around.

In old age, fame, wealth, and power were no longer as important, while the things he hadn't had the chance to do when he was young, the worlds he hadn't seen, kept coming to mind.

So when Pei Hao had just returned to his father's company, he had to get involved in various projects big and small, and he personally had to meet every important client. For a long time, he was so busy that he couldn't find his bearings.

He joked with his old man, saying, "Dad, if I calculate my hourly wage, it's almost the same as a construction worker's, and I can't even take a day off."

Pei Yi Xin knocked on his head and said, "When I started the company, I didn't even have the hourly wage of a construction worker. Young people need to endure hardships, don't expect overnight success."

Soon after, Pei Hao was sent to the hospital by people from Jin Yu. When he woke up in the hospital, he heard that the old man had snatched a major client from the Jin family.