Time After Time

Charlotte

"Good morning ladies!" I said walking into the kitchen. Rosalynn was at the kitchen island placing plates of bacon, eggs and toast in front of our daughters. "Morning mama." They said in unison. "Yes, Goodmorning mama." Rosalynn said looking up at me. I walked over and wrapped my arms around her waist. "Goodmorning beautiful. What time are you leaving out?" She took off her apron and sat it on the counter revealing her business attire. "Uhh, now actually so I dont hit traffic. You sure you can manage drop offs today?" I nodded, "Of course, babe. Its not my first day on the job." She smiled. "Yeah, but you're always late for said "job"." She checked her watch again and sighed. She had been so stressed with work lately. And today was a big day for her. They were going to name the head of the department at the University today and she was up for the job. She had gone back to school to get her doctorate of education with the concentration in English. Dr. Rosalynn Avery. Hearing that title still sends chills up my spine. Shortly after that she had started at the University as a professor and she has been working so hard for this position, she definitely deserves it. I know how much it means to her and I have no doubt in my mind she'll get it.

"Okay girls, mommy's heading out. Give me kisses!" She kissed our three daughters before making her way back to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck as she kissed me. "The next time I see you, you will be the new head of the English department!" Her head dropped slightly, "You don't even know if I got it yet, babe." "Hey! You did get it! And tonight we will celebrate, okay!" She nodded. "I should get going. I'll see you tonight." I kissed her once more before letting her go. "Bye girls, be good in school." She yelled back as she walked out of the kitchen and out the front door.

"Okay kiddos. Finish up so we can head out okay." They nodded and continued eating. We now have three beautiful girls and I think I'm the ultimate girl mom! Cara is now seven. My beautiful babygirl. She has grown into her features and I can actually see more of myself in her each day. She is still stuck to my side. Wherever I go, she just has to be with me and I cherish that. Ros says I have her spoiled and she's probably right. But she has all three of them spoiled, so there's that. Our three year old daughter Celeste almost didnt make it. After our wedding we wasted no time getting pregnant again. But near the end, Ros started having a lot of complications with her pregnancy and was placed on bedrest. Ultimately, she had to have an emergency c-section because the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. But thank God our baby girl was born safe and sound. Just as beautiful as Rosalynn with her hazel eyes and matching dark hair. She insisted on giving our children the same initials. The "C" is because of my name. Caras middle name is Rosalynn's nickname and Cece's middle is Rosamund. So C.R.A. And then there's Cameron, formerly known as Michelle. Our 9 year old daughter.

When Celeste was two, Ros and I decided we wanted another child. The timing was kind of bad however. Rosalynn was becoming more busy with work and my hours at the office were all over the place. We knew we wanted another child to complete our family, but I wasn't comfortable in letting Ros carry again. The last time was so shaky I was nervous but I also knew I didnt want to carry. One night in bed Ros had the greatest idea. To help someone who may be in a situation that was similar to my own upbringing. One less child out of foster care would make a worlds difference, I thought. So we decided to adopt. We adopted Michelle a year ago now and in the beginning it was really rough. She was very shy, and actually still is. She had a bit of a time adjusting to her new home. She had been through a lot, bouncing from foster home to home until she ended up at an all girls home. But as soon as Ros and I laid eyes on her we fell in love with the blonde haired beauty. We ended up going to counseling sessions with her for a while. She often wet the bed and I figured it was due to the hell she had experienced in her life. She was always afraid that we would hurt her when she did. She would constantly apologize and she would literally cry nonstop and beg us not to "get rid of her" or "hit her". But we took our time with her. We put in alot of effort to make her feel safe and comfortable. We also spent a lot of time with her individually as well as together as a family. She started to come around more and more. After about five months with us we were fully in the swing of things. She and Cara shared a room since they were close in age. And Cara really looks up to her. I remember their first fight with each other. I cant even remember for what reason they were arguing. But they both burst into our bedroom yelling "Mom". They jumped into our bed, with Michelle sitting on Rosalynn's lap, and began tattling on the other. I remember Ros and I just looked at each other and smiled. Our girls were fighting like real sisters! It was an amazing feeling. After we settled the issue between them, we sent them on their way. Ros immediately looked at me before she sipped on her tea and said, "She called us mom." Magic. Truly magic. Everything was going perfect. Our girls were settling well in school and thriving. Then one night about 3 months ago as Ros and I were getting ready for bed, Michelle came and knocked on our door.