Dear Mrs. Dandridge

Dear Mrs. Dandridge.

This letter may never reach you. Your eyes may never glance over these words. But I find this to be my only outlet. So here we go...

I have always been quite fond of women. And as time goes by, the attraction has not wavered. I have always known the truth of my sexuality. But my fascination with you goes beyond that. I could not be more intrigued by you. The essence of your presence send chills throughout my spine. As if my body knows whenever you're near, before my eyes get a chance to greet you. Its in the way you walk, the way you speak with such elegance. You're like a walking dictionary and your intelligence is what entices me most of all. Your hazel eyes have taken ahold of me. They hold all the power as you see straight through me.

When our eyes finally meet I can never hold your gaze for long. Its almost intimidating. Your smile holds the strength of a million suns. The way you can brighten the darkest of rooms. Something as simple as your smile can ease my nerves, consume my thoughts, and calm my soul. And yet.. you dont even know it. To simply say you're beautiful would be an insult. There simply aren't enough pen strokes to describe the magic that must have went into creating such a masterpiece. Your face should grace the cover of magazines. It should be plastered on billboards across the globe for all to see.

Its the way you wear that black dress. That defines your curves. Hugging your body in all of the right places. Revealing your smooth tan legs. Or even on casual Fridays when you simply wear jeans and a t-shirt, you still manage to take my breath away. Some days you let your dark hair hang down your back. Whether in loose curls, or straightened. But I must admit my favorite is when you have it pulled back into a high ponytail. I can see your features more clearer. Your high cheek bones, and not to mention you have the cutest dimple. I mean.. my God.. what a woman.

I often wonder what it would be like to wake up next to you. When your hair is all over the place. And I lay next to you, caressing your soft skin. In a perfect world it would be us. You and I. Our age difference wouldnt even matter. You would look beyond the naivety of my seventeen years of life, as I have looked beyond your twenty-nine. We would hold hands. We would kiss so deeply. I would make soft, sweet, passionate love to you throughout the night. You are the woman of my dreams. But the fact of the matter is.. it is just that. A dream.

Because in reality the world would never be that gracious to me. You are happily married and I could never compete with the man who already has your heart. So I sit here instead.. confessing my love for you throughout these four page letters. I probably never cross your mind beyond these classroom walls. You go home to him everynight whilst I go home to an empty house that has never been a home. And I think of you.

You hold my ever so fragile heart in your hands Mrs. Dandridge, and you will never know. I am just a kid who has foolishly fell in love with—- "Charlotte!" My heart began to pound rapidly as I looked up from the papers in front of me. I look around and notice an empty classroom. I must have gotten so caught up in this letter I didnt hear the bell ring. "You know, you must be working on something very important. I've been calling your name since the lunch bell rang almost five minutes ago. You were concentrating so hard, I almost didnt even want to bother you. May I ask what you're working on?" I quickly ripped up the letter in front of me as I gathered my things. "Its nothing, im sorry."

I headed towards the door. My eyes never meeting hers as I dropped the ripped pieces of paper into the trash before opening the door. "Have a good lunch sweetie." I heard her say. My breathing hitched in my throat at the sound of her voice addressing me. Goosebumps forming on my arms just because she called me sweetie. And suddenly I couldn't speak. All I could manage was a simple head nod before hurrying out of her classroom and towards the cafeteria.