Chapter 33

Rosalynn

To say Charlotte was upset wouldnt be enough to describe the girl pacing my living room. She arrived almost thirty minutes ago, with Abby in tow, and has yet to say a word. I know for sure shes upset. But come on. Its been a little over a month since we've been behind closed doors together. I havent even gotten a kiss yet.

"Sooo.. does anyone want to say something?" Abby looked at me. We had been sitting here for so long and no one has uttered a single word in regards to what happened at school today. I shrugged, looking to Charlotte. "Charlotte?" I spoke quietly. She stopped in her tracks and finally looked at me. She began walking towards me. She stood in front of me as I was sitting on the sofa. Her hands were on her hips, frustration evident on her face. Just then, she slowly leaned down. Grabbing my face she placed the softest most gentle kiss on my lips. I felt myself relax into her and I almost pulled her down on top of me. It seemed as though time stood still. While she held my face in her hands, I became overwhelm with emotion. I felt the tears falling down my cheeks as she pulled away. She swiped them away with her thumb as she looked in my eyes. "Hi my love." She said. A smile playing on her lips. "Hello Charlotte." I responded. Abby cleared her throat, reminding us she was still in the room.

I shot her a look that said I'm sorry. "Im glad you two are getting reacquainted. But before the face sucking continues, we have a lot to discuss." Sighing, Charlotte looked at me as she stood straight. "Im still pissed at you, ya know." I rolled my eyes. "Well I dont see why." "Seriously? You provoked her Ros." I scoffed. "I certainly did not. I gave her exactly what she was looking for. She was being a bitch." "Thats who she is Ros! I really wish you would've just walked away. I could've handled it myself." "So what, Charlotte? You wanted me to just walk on by while the woman who's been abusing you stands five feet away? I don't fucking think so. Be thankful I only used my words." "Guys stop." Abby spoke. This isn't very productive. No one is to blame. We just need to find a solution." Charlotte began pacing again. "Well. She's supposed to come by this weekend. My initial plan was to just give her whatever she wanted. I think thats the best thing to do." "Which I told her that was stupid." Abby said. "I agree. Charlie if you do that what makes you think she wont just keep coming back for more? I think we should just have the police come while she's there." I said. "You dont think she'll be expecting that? And what if she says something to the cops about you being my teacher? Huh? Then what?"

"I dont care if she does Charlotte. Nothing happened between us until you were eighteen. Unethical? Yes. Illegal? No. Worse case scenario I'll lose my job but I can handle that. I knew the risks going into this." She continuously shook her head. "No." I sighed, looking over at Abby. "What do you think?" "I think you're both making valid points. While I agree that simply forking over money wont get rid of her, I also dont think its fair to put you in a position to lose your job. You're a great teacher Ms. D." I smiled. "Thank you Abby. I appreciate that." Time whent by as we sat there trying to come up with a solution that appeases both of us. I even tried to suggest asking Jack for help. I know he's well connected and maybe he could pull a few strings. "And how exactly would you explain this to him? Without revealing who I am or how we met? No."

I had made the girls something to eat while we continued discussing things but it seemed as though we were getting no where. I could see the worry and exhaustion on Charlotte's face. I felt bad. I wish I could take all of her problems away. She has turned down every suggestion I've made and I'm afraid I'm at my wits end. "It's getting late." Abby spoke. Charlotte sighed, running her hands through her hair. "Yeah, we should probably get going." Sadness immediately overwhelmed me. I tried my best to put on a brave face. Although I know it would kill me to watch her walk out of that door again. "I guess we'll just figure everything out this weekend." Charlotte said, standing and taking their plates to the sink. I felt the tears pool in my eyes and quickly blinked them away. Abby came and placed her hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry Ms. D. It'll be okay." I tried my best to give her a genuine smile. I was taking this pretty hard. Yes, some days I see Charlotte at school. And I've received the letters but to be honest I'm completely lonely. Not having her physically is killing me. Its like being in love with a ghost. Dramatic, I know.