Chapter 25

Rosalynn

I've been laid across my bed since coming home from Charlies. Still coming down from this high. I still can't believe I have a girlfriend! It sounds so crazy. What's really crazy is that im involved with a student. No, thats not crazy.. thats.. absurd.

I close my eyes and a million questions bombard my mind all at once. More importantly, I cant help but wonder what will happen to Charlotte and I once she graduates. She seems like she has it all figured out. She has a plan for New York but I can't exactly see how I fit into that equation. To be completely honest, I don't know how our relationship will make it past the end of the year. I know, I know.. not very optimistic but lets face it, our relationship is too .. new. And to only have just a few months with one another isn't enough time. Theres so much we need to learn about each other. But whats the point when she'll be gone soon. Was this a good idea?

No, Rosalynn! Stop! You can't back peddle out of this. You love her and you've made this decision to be with her. No matter what may come, you own that shit. Get it together! I sat up in bed and checked my phone. I still have a couple hours to kill before heading back to Charlies. I unlocked my phone and began scrolling through my contacts. Deciding to dial up the one person I haven't heard much from lately. My best friend Elizabeth. Much has changed since we last spoke. The phone rang a bit before she answered. "Well well well. Hello stranger." I smiled and laid back on the bed. "Hey Liz. How are you?" "I'm well. Haven't heard from you in a while. Started to think you forgot about me." I sighed, thinking of all the things that's taken place since the last time we spoke.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. Things have definitely been a little hectic lately. But I promise I'll do better. You can call me to ya know!?" I heard her laugh, "Well I guess we both should do better. But what's going on, why are things so hectic? You okay?" "Yeah, of course. Umm.. let's just say my life has taken quite the turn." I thought for a moment. Wondering if it's a good idea to tell Liz about Charlotte. I mean she's my best friend and I trust her with my life. Besides, I cant keep this to myself. Having no one to talk to about Charlotte and I's situation is beginning to weigh heavy on my mind. Half the time I need advice from someone other than the voices inside my head. "Earth to Ros!" Elizabeth spoke, breaking my thoughts. "Sorry, what'd you say?" "I said whats going on? Its not Jack is it?" "Oh God no. No, I haven't heard from him. Its just a few changes here and there I suppose. Quite the story actually." She hummed in response. "Well, how about I come by with a bottle of wine and you can tell me this story?" I sat up then, pulling back the phone to check the time. "As much as I would love that, I actually can't tonight. I uh.. sort of have a date." She gasped, "Are you serious! You haven't even told me you're interested in anyone! Am I even your real best friend? Who is it? Guy or girl? Come on tell me something!" I laughed, "Calm down. I promise to tell you everything. Believe me, I need a listening ear. But just not tonight its way too much to get into. But I'll answer your question, it is a girl. And that's all I'll say for now. So rain check?" I heard her squeal before agreeing and thankfully changing the subject.

We talked for about forty five minutes. I missed hearing her voice and all of the crazy stories she tells. Apparently, a lot has changed with her as well. But we made arrangements to see one another soon and discuss things in detail. We said our goodbyes as I told her I needed to start getting ready. She let me go—not before making me swear we'll get together soon. Which I obliged. I hung up the phone and checked the time again. I need at least thirty minutes to get back to her house so I should probably get that bag together now. I went into my closet and grabbed a suitcase to pack some things in. Throwing a bunch of clothes out of my closet and onto the bed. She told me to bring anything I would need for a while but I have no idea what to take. How many outfits do I need? Or are we just going to be lounging around and not going anywhere. I haven't had a night cap in forever, what the hell am I supposed to take! I took a deep breath and just threw a little bit of everything in my bag. Night clothes. Outfits just in case we do go out. (If that's even possible.) Extra tooth brush, deodorant all that jazz. I'm probably going to bring my laptop too in case I need to get some work done for the upcoming semester. Figuring I have all I need, and whatever I lack I'll just have to go out and buy.

I zipped up my suitcase and sat it by the bedroom door. Okay, now I need to take a quick shower. I turned on the water and began undressing. I stepped in the shower and let the water run over me. Taking in deep breaths and trying to relax.

Twenty minutes later, I got out the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. Stepping out of the bathroom, I went over to my closet trying to figure out what to wear. I want to look.. sexy. I own a lot of formal clothing and I just don't want to look like an only lady. Its been so long since I've really had someone to look nice for. God knows Jack stopped noticing me long before the idea of divorcing became a thing. I mean who knows, I may get lucky tonight. You wouldn't believe me if I told you the amount of flashbacks I've had since that night with Charlotte. Shivers are running down my spine just thinking of it now. I want to feel her again. My body aches to be touched again. But I want her to be the one to initiate things should it happen. I must admit that night I may have gotten a bit carried away. I think I give off a very sophisticated, smart and quiet demeanor. At least I've been told. Yet behind closed doors I can be very.. explicit. But I'll try to be good tonight and keep a straight face even though my body is begging for her to slut me out.

I decided to wear a blue and white striped shirt that buttoned down the front and fell off my shoulders. It was kind of cropped but only showed a little belly so I paired it with my white high-waisted jeans that made my ass look great. I looked around for a pair of heels. I guess I'll wear the clear ones that should do it. Looking myself over in the mirror, I'm pleased. Okay, this looks good! I don't look eighteen but I don't look thirty either. That's a win in my book. I went back into the bathroom and pulled my hair into a high ponytail. Grabbing my gold heart necklace I placed it around my neck. I sprayed on my favorite perfume— Chanel x Chance. Put on a red lip and all done! I took one last look over myself before leaving the bathroom.

I went and grabbed my phone, seeing I should probably head out now. Being indecisive about my outfit put me a little behind schedule. I put my phone in my purse and grabbed the keys off the dresser. Picking up my suitcase I headed down the stairs and into the garage. I beeped the truck and threw my bag in the back before climbing in and backing out of my driveway. I turned on some music and tried to clear my mind. Im excited to see what Charlotte has planned for us tonight. Even more excited to just be in her presence, she always makes me smile.

The trip back to Charlottes place was smooth and quiet. Giving me time to prepare myself for whatever the night may bring. Pulling up outside of her house I parked in the driveway. I pulled my visor down and made sure my lipstick was still on and there was nothing on my face. You look good Rosalynn, it's not your first time around her just be cool! I got out and grabbed my suitcase and walked up to the front door. I rang her doorbell and waited. The door opened shortly after and I was met with the most beautiful face I've ever seen. "Hi beautiful." She said smiling at me. "Hey Charlie." She brought me into a hug and I felt myself relaxing in her arms. Thinking to myself this.. this here, being in her arms, this is my happy place. She pulled back and surprised me by placing a gentle kiss on my lips making my heart flutter.

She reached down and grabbed my suitcase from my hand. "Come on gorgeous. I've been waiting for you." She stepped aside and let me walk in before closing the door behind us.