I leaned back into the couch. "So did you just fly up for the weekend? When do you go back to New York?" I asked her. "Well I actually had some business to take care of here. Umm.. I just bought a house here and— "Mama im weady!!" Cara came running in and jumped into Charlotte's lap. I started wishing she had come just two minutes later. Did Charlotte say she bought a house here?? In California? Is she moving back here? What the fuc.. "Ros?" I looked up to see Charlotte now standing, holding Cara in her arms. "I said we're going to head out." I stood up, "Oh okay. Well, give mommy a hug." I reached out for Cara and held her tightly. I pulled back and looked at her. "I hope you have the best time with Mama! Be good, okay!" She nodded. "Can mommy have a kiss?" She puckered her little lips and kissed mine. "Thank you babygirl." I handed her back to Charlotte. "I love youuuu." I said as I tickled her stomach. She began squirming in Charlotte's arms while laughing. "I love you too mommy." I walked them to the door. "Just give me a call whenever you're on your way back okay? I think I may go grab dinner with Liz tonight, so." Charlotte nodded. "Of course. Have a good time." I smiled at her as she walked out of the door. I closed it behind her and locked it. I turned around and leaned against the door as I looked over at Liz who was now sitting on the couch. "She bought a fucking house here."

                              **********

"So what does that mean? Like, did she tell you where she bought the house or anything?" Liz asked. We were currently sitting in a nice restaurant awaiting our main course after we shared an appetizer. "I don't even know. Cara came rushing in before I could even ask any follow up questions." She nodded. "Hmm. Well, do you think this is it? You know, maybe she's ready to put an end to this ridiculous separation." She took a sip of her drink. "It took her ten months to realize that? And it wasn't ridiculous to me. At least not at the time." I whispered the latter. "Well, are you open to getting back together with her? I mean it's not like either of you are gonna file for divorce. And honestly I think it's dragged out long enough." I sighed. "Well it depends if things are going to change. I meant everything I said during that argument so if she thinks I'm just going to let her back in with open arms she has another thing coming." The waiter then brought our food to our table. I took a bite of my salmon as she spoke again. "I get that for sure. And I encourage you to stand your ground. But you don't think you were being a little hasty with the decision to just up and leave? Especially taking Cara. I told you back then I thought that was wrong of you to take Cara away from her." I sat my fork down, "Look I know, okay? No need to chastise me again, we've already been through that. Yes, it was wrong. I shouldn't have taken our daughter and for a moment I thought she was going to kill me when she found out we left, I had never heard her yell like that before.

*Flashback
"Charlotte, you need to calm do— "What?! Don't fucking tell me to calm down! Are you out of your mind?? You kidnapped my daughter, Rosalynn." I scoffed, "Kidnapped?? Are YOU out of your mind?" I paced back and forth, Liz watching me. "Yeah, kidnapped! You took my daughter out of this state, without my knowledge. Cara has two parents Rosalynn. You are not taking her away from me! Bring me my damn daughter."
*End of flashback

But I am thankful she finally came around to letting her stay in California with me. And we've made co parenting work this long and it's been great on that end. But if I'm being honest, yeah okay maybe I was a little emotional in my decision to leave. But I felt like if I didn't, I would just continue to be unhappy. And it seemed like no matter how many times I told her that and expressed how I was feeling she just didnt get it. And she would say we would talk about it and work through it but that time just never came. So, I did the only thing I thought I could. I wrote her a letter and I left."