CHAPTER 20: Discovery

Start from the beginning

"It's okay baby, we're here now, and we have the rest of our lives to make up for all that lost time," I say, and I feel her nod her head on my shoulder, so I let her go and she's back to her old self.

"Sorry about that," she apologises, "anyway, during that time, I didn't have much to do, so I spent almost every day in the library. I snuck off to the restricted section and I saw diaries from our past alphas that also had blank pages. At first, I thought they were empty, but one day I was in a bad mood: someone in the pack had called me an orphan pup or something to that effect and I went to the library to try and calm down.

"Then I picked up a diary and the pages went blank right in the middle of an entry and I just kind of lost my shit and Venus came to the surface. My eyes started glowing and that's when I saw it. The hidden text. I calmed down and my eyes went back to normal, then the text vanished."

"Oh, so you can only see the text with your wolf eyes?' Monroe asks, picking up and diary. His eyes glow hazel for a moment then he looks at Charlotte confused, "I don't see anything," he complains.

"You wouldn't. You have to have a relationship with the Alpha of the pack the diaries belong to. That's a sibling, a child or any relative, and their mate. That's why a lot of them switched to the hidden text once they found their mates. Their later entries were not as formal as the earlier ones, and they wanted to keep it a secret between them and their mates. I've read some rather explicit stuff, but a lot of the good information, dreams, visions and so on are also documented. Since we get stronger when we meet our mates, we also have a lot more to document after that time."

I pick up the diary Monroe had put down and using Eres' eyes, I peruse the blank pages. The text appears and I am in awe. We devise a plan where Mo and Brie look for all the Diaries with blank pages whilst Charlotte and I read through. We start with the diaries already gathered. She was right. The hidden text offers more details and I'm once again hopeful that I will find what I am looking for.

"Selene? What the fuck is a Selene?" My ears perk up when I hear that word and I turn towards Brie.

"Selene?" I confirm. She nods her head and elaborates.

"This guy, Alpha Jax from like 7 generations before your mother says the Moon Goddess promised to bring forth the Selene Wolf through his blood line."

By the time she's done with her explanations I'm already by her peaking at the diary hoping to read more.

"Back up off me Amari Nash!" she protests, and I take a small step back but still lean in.

"Here!" she hands me the diary, "Just take it. It goes black after that anyway."

I take the Diary and read through the hidden text. The It talks for about the Selene Wolf. That it will come from a line of pure alpha blood, at least seven generations on both sides. The Selene will be born on the night of the full moon and will be marked. There is no mention of what the mark will be but there is a prophesy.

"From the blood of the Selene, the mother shall return to take her thrown."

It then goes into details about the powers the Selene will have, and besides having super speed, super healing and super strength, it lists some of the other abilities: Compelling; Mind Link Interference; The New Form.

"Amari, what's going on?" Charlotte asks. I feel all three of them looking at me as I frantically turn pages looking for more information.

"Eres, in my dream, she called me 'ye of pure blood; the Selene Wolf' and it just didn't make sense at the time, and now, it makes even less sense. Look."