✽.✫☽ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟷 ☾✫.✽

(Unedited)
Word count: 4981
{Listen while you read?~I recommend Run Horse Run by Charley Crockett}
Back on track with the original game play. How did we like being with Dixie?
☽✫.✽✦✽.»»——⍟——««.✽✦✽.✫☾

John stood outside the Blackwater Bank, looking at the building with a sense of dread. Its architect design was one that belonged in a city like Saint Denis, not the small ferry town of Blackwater.

"This town is so expensive," a voice called to him. "The traitors wanted fifteen for a new pair of spurs, can you believe that?"

John looked towards the approaching woman, who was adorned in a new set of shiny silver spurs. She had a candy sucker in her mouth, and he eyed her suspiciously.

"You steal that?" he questioned her.

She smirked, before pulling the candy stick from her lips with a pop.

"Nope," she replied confidently.

"Liar," John said with a chuckle.

"Fine, you caught me. Please, do throw me in jail for I have committed such serious crimes," she said dramatically, with a flourish of her hands.

John rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

"Shut up, Dixie," he said with a laugh.

"Nope," she replied, replacing the sucker in her mouth.

"Alright, come on," John murmured, growing serious once again as he remembered what they were here for.

"Lead the way," Dixie responded, gesturing for him to enter the building. After a moment of hesitation, John made his way up the stairs, and Dixie watched him go. She thought of how she was now his secondary weapon.

After Anneburg and finally putting Jesse to rest, she felt at peace. But, discovering what Rusty had done to her while she was at her most vulnerable, she realized that peace was only a fiction, like the storybooks she loves to read when she has a chance. Before she helped John because truth be told he needed it, but now she's helping him once again because she wants to to prove to herself she's still, well herself, cliché she knows. But John had made her promise that she wouldn't go first into caves, and that if the situation gets to risky for her to leave him, not that she will though.

Dixie told herself she hadn't changed she was still Dixie Gold Johnson that everyone knew, but John saw right through that. She had changed it might have been tiny to others but to John he could read it with one glance like it was one of the theater sighs illuminated by too many lights in the center of Saint Denis hung above her head that only he could understand.

Originally, she was going to Bonnie for a job at the farm, but when John asked if she wanted to join him, knowing he would need someone he could trust for the next steps, she agreed, despite her father's displeasure. And so, she was soon riding from Armadillo to Blackwater beside John.

As John and Dixie stepped into the Blackwater Bank, they were greeted by the boring interior. The lights cast a soft glow over the rotting wooden floors, wooden panels adorned the walls. The air was still with the scent of wealth and power, causing both bounty hunters to wrinkle their noses.

"101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106," murmured the older, scrawny bank teller in a tailored suit, engrossed in his number counting.

"I'm here to see Mr. Ross," John informed the teller.