✽.✫☽ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹 ☾✫.✽

(Unedited)
Word count: 4083
{Listen while you read?~I recommend Loaded Gun by Jessta James}

☽✫.✽✦✽.»»——⍟——««.✽✦✽.✫☾

Upon stepping into the hotel, John and Dixie discover Landon engaged in conversation with two locals, the seasoned gunslinger holding their attention.

"Muy intersante. Gracias amigos." He expresses his gratitude to the two locals before shifting his gaze to the pair of bounty hunters who just walked in. "Mr. Marston, Miss. Gold, How the devil are you two?" He beckons them to join him at the table. John responds with a courteous nod, while the woman flashes a friendly smile. They both approach the table.

"I'm fine, how are you, Mr. Ricketts?" She questions as John courteously pulls out a chair for her next to Landon, before taking a seat on her other side.

"I'm good. I'm glad you're both here, because these men were just telling me about Mr. Escuella." Ricketts shares some information, capturing John's immediate interest. Dixie, however, seems less engaged. The subject of Javier and Bill has been a sensitive one for her recently, for reasons she can't quite pinpoint.

"Javier Escuella?" John's eyebrow arched inquisitively as he leaned forward in his chair, directing his gaze towards the trio of men before him.

"Emilio, let me ask you something. His nombre es Javier? Señor Escuella es Javier? Tusi?" Landon interrogates the gentlemen.

"No sí señor." The man in closest proximity to the elder outlaw responds, eliciting a sigh from him as he glances back at John and Dixie. "He doesn't know." He told the two

"I got that bit. Ask him if he was about five foot eight, mustache, did he have an American in tow? A big American?" John urges him to inquire with a sense of urgency in his voice, simultaneously raising his hand high above his head as he explains the significance of the term "big American."

"Emilio, estaba con grande Americano?" Ricketts translated for the Mexican men

"Yo no se." Emilio answered with a shrug showing he didn't know

"No." Landon acts as a translator for John, who shakes his head in slight irritation while gazing at the man. Meanwhile, the older man and Dixie both relax into their chairs.

"Again, I got that." Annoyed, John declares while gesturing towards the men and shooting a pointed look at Landon. Meanwhile, Dixie suppresses a smile.

"But they do have his sister," Ricketts explains, causing Dixie to sit up this time, her interest piqued. "Emilio's I mean. She's a fine young woman, teacher, a human being. Not the clothed vermin so many people seem to have turned into."

"Tell him I'm sorry." John says sincerely, directing his gaze towards the two men and offering them an apologetic nod.

"When a man's family is involved, you need a little more enthusiasm than mere apologies." Landon's words echoed through the room, oblivious to the weight of John's current predicament. As he shifted uncomfortably in his chair, his gaze locked onto Ricketts, a sense of unease washed over him.

"I have enough worries, sir. This man's problems pain me, but they're not quite my own." He grumbled out his eye narrowing slightly