Chapter 23:: Confessions of Love

The corners of his lips tipped up, "You want me to sit with you then."
"I just want company, I don't care whether it's you."
He nodded enthusiastically, totally not buying her words. As the bus started, everyone started gossiping among themselves.
"Look." Kabir tapped her shoulders, gaining her attention.

Her confused gaze shifted from him to the direction where he was pointing. Adil was trying to coax Soha with chocolates.
"Adil is such a..." She sighed, shaking her head as he held in a chuckle.

"Do you wanna listen to something?" Nisha asked, putting an earphone in her left ear, and forwarding the other to him.

He stared at her before taking it.

She turned on the song, giving him an anticipated look. His lips parted as he looked at her.
"This song?" He asked.
"Is Monpura movie's ost too sad?" She asked as he shook his head, "Gives me traumatic flashbacks."
She raised her brows, "Whatever you say, this movie has a soft spot in my heart."
"The movie reminds me of how love is just about... seeing them happy and safe. Most Netflix shows show love in such a different way." She mumbled.

The song played in the background as he lowered the volume a little, smiling at her.

"What is your definition of love, Nisha?" He asked.

She saw the genuine curiosity in his eyes and took a deep breath. What was her definition of love?

"It's a little weird. Floating in the air... like a bird flying across the sky. Free and light, flowy yet deep... wholesome with a touch of care and affection. Happy and bright, blue and grey... all together. Just like the movies." She didn't know when she started grinning.

He stared at her attentively, admiring her enlivened eyes and soft exhilarated smile.

Something in his chest stirred at the sight.

The light of the bus illuminated her honey-brown skin, giving him a view of the prettiest woman to ever exist. 

She was exquisite.

Her lashes fluttered when she blinked confusedly at him — lips turning downwards, "Earth to Kabir?!"

"Huh?" He asked, still not over how beautiful she looked. His eyes trailed down from her eyes to her lips. 

She noticed his gaze, her eyes wandering nervously as she nibbled on her bottom lip.

Looking away, he cleared his throat, "Wow, the song ended."

"Oh." She nodded, pressing the back of her hand onto her cheeks.

All of a sudden, she felt hot all over.

"You can pick the next song." She handed him the phone and he nodded, "I'll turn on something cheerful this time." 

Humming, she closed her eyes as the song continued.
"Kabir." She called. 
"Yes?" 
"What is your definition of love? I told you mine." 

He let out a soft noise, glancing at her.
"Do you want to know?" 
"Yep." 

"The ultimate love." He answered, earning a confused look from her.
"To me, love wasn't anything deep or special before. I think it changed after I returned." He whispered. 
"Did you fall in love with someone?" She asked, eyeing him suspiciously. He choked on his breath, "N-No... I..."
"So you did." She gave him a look and sighed, "Just admit it. It's not cool to deny your feelings." 
"I... what the heck?" He scowled at her, earning a chuckle.

"Tell me more." She looked at him with an unreadable expression as he sighed. 

'Why does she not look mad or jealous? Does she seriously not like me?' He thought, letting out a disappointed huff. 
"Yeah so, I fell in love with a girl. She's... beautiful and annoyingly attractive." He nodded, glancing at her to see that she had taken off her earphones. 
He paused the song and stared at her.