Chapter 9:: Sparkling Moments

Kabir stared at Nisha who was standing in the line with a tray of sweets. 

It was their turn to enter with the Dalas now. He chuckled, crouching down as Adil pressed his finger on his forehead with some chandan. 
He got up and continued walking, hearing Atif and Ajay bicker behind him. 

Shams was sitting there, impatiently waiting for his bride. 

Adisha placed a flower on their Dalas. As soon as he stood beside Nisha, the floral scent of hers hit his nostrils. 
He smiled slightly, waiting for her to feed him a sweet. 
The thought of her feeding it to him made him contain a grin.

His gaze travelled her from head to toe.

Her hair was loosely tied halfway with flowers and left with curls at the ends. The sound of her bangles jingling as she picked up a small sweet with the toothpick and forwarded it to him increased his urge to shift closer. To her.
And he was assured it wasn't only her spontaneous and sparkly combination of the deep pear green tops and magenta sharara that aided it. 

It had to do something with the soft pink shade on her cheeks as she looked at him with her fluttering lashes.

"Hello?" She called, a frown coating her face. He cleared his throat, biting on the sweet and murmured a small thanks, walking ahead. But his head turned behind twice to get another glimpse of her. 
And it brought a smile to his face when he turned his head the second time because he found her looking in his direction already. She turned away, her face flustered. 

But something irked inside of him, constantly reminding him of a secret he wasn't sure of was the truth.

It was the fact that she sparkled, more than the fairy lights could ever do. 

Once they all set in, Kabir's eyes scanned the area searching for Nisha. He had a lot of work to do. 
After all, he was assigned the duties of serving the guests and hosting the ceremony along with Nisha. But his priorities were interrupted ever since he'd gotten the glimpse of her. 

He sighed, "What's wrong with me sometimes?" 
Seeing his parents call him from afar, he immediately rushed there, trying to avoid his strange desires that reflected out of nowhere.

"The bride is entering with the palanquin!" One of Shams's cousins shouted as everyone's attention diverted towards the entrance. 
Nisha watched Shams through the corner of her eyes, he almost stood up to see his bride. 

The palanquin entered, the men around it carrying it towards the stage. 
"Woohoo!" Nisha shouted as all the kids got up. The palanquin was kept down in front of the stage as Priti got down, her gorgeous yellow saree sparkling in the lights. 
"Woah, I'm going blind, she's so beautiful!" She spoke to herself, tilting her head in admiration but flinched hearing a voice, "Really... she's shining." 
"You?" She asked, eyeing the male figure beside her who grinned, "You seem unhappy to see me." 
"Oh, it's not that-" 
"Her pink dupatta goes well with the yellow saree." He spoke, diverting her attention to the bride. 
"Right... my choice, after all." Nisha smiled proudly. 

Priti got up on the stage and sat on the sofa next to Shams. 
"How are you today?" The voice again reached her ears. Her gaze shifted to the figure beside her, noticing the white kurta and coat. 
"Are all the guys matching outfits?" She asked. 
"Answer my question first, then I'll answer yours." He spoke, making her sigh. 

"I'm good today. Thanks for asking." Nisha forcefully replied, earning a soft sigh, "Ask me back?"
"Why should I? You should answer my question first, Kabir." 
"Yes, we are. And, it would help if you asked me so we can have a conversation. Sounds good, right?" He replied, his gaze returning to her repeatedly. 
"Are you bipolar?" Nisha asked with a furrow of her brows. 
"What makes you ask that?"