Chapter 2:: Erratic Incidents

A few hours ago

"We're here," Atif spoke, gaining Kabir's attention. He stared outside the window, taking in the scenery of the beautiful bungalow. Nobody would believe there could be such beautiful greenery in this area. 

Until he saw this house.

As they all got down and stood in front of Priti's house, Sham's parents got the gifts ready and the other relatives were behind them, ready to get in. 
Someone opened the door, welcoming them in. There stood Priti's parents with heartwarming smiles. 

"Kabir!" Ajay called from a slight distance as Kabir frowned, going towards them. They stood at a corner near the front door where everyone had gathered, welcoming the groom's side. 
"Look. Priti is going to be surprised seeing you, make it fun!" Wahi suggested as Kabir smirked, "Of course. Where there's Kabir, there's fun." 
"Good." Ajay gave him a thumbs-up. 

Kabir was about to speak when something erratic happened.

From the clear sky, a splash of orange juice dropped right in front of his figure, ruining his white panjabi.
"What the heck!" Atif gasped, moving away and looking at the sky. 
"Did it rain orange juice?!" Wahi gasped as Kabir stood there, dumbfounded. 
He looked at his panjabi to see it completely ruined. 
"Oh my god, baba! What happened?!" An elderly woman approached them, looking surprised. She must've witnessed the peculiar incident. 

"How did that- oh no. It must've been some naughty kid." She gave Kabir a sympathetic look and called, "Adil! Ei Adil!" 
A young boy, probably in his 12s, rushed towards them from the house, giving Kabir a confused look. 
"Is that a new trend?" Wahi and Ajay started laughing at his silly question. Kabir thinned his lips. 
"Shut up. Escort this brother inside and give him a spare panjabi.. oh no. I have to see who did this." She quickly went back, a few other relatives giving Kabir sympathetic looks. 

Kabir felt as if his brain was malfunctioning. What the fuck had just happened? He could've never guessed.

He could've sworn he'd never wear a white kurta to any function. Never again.

And the next thing Kabir knew, his friends had abandoned him, rushing off to somewhere and he was put into some area of the house where decorators were doing their thing. Adil rushed away somewhere with his kurta while he stood there with his white sleeveless t-shirt and white pants. 

"Please no one comes in. God, please." He mentally whispered. 

That was the moment a woman approached him, startling the shit out of him. He was perplexed at her words and assumptions. 
But he couldn't even blame her. No guest would visit a function looking like that. 

And his friends, being the devils they were, added fuel to the fire. 

It was probably the most bizarre thing to ever happen to him. 

"Uh..." The woman, in front of him, gave the men a deadly look and sighed, "I'm sorry uh... I-" 
Kabir stared at her, giving a glance to the 3 men standing beside them.
"Nisha, we were just playing around! You should've looked at this stupid's face!" Ajay started laughing, pointing at Kabir as the others started laughing as well. 

Kabir stared at Nisha, in her blue salwar kameez and vibrant warm pink lipstick. Something in her face glowed. 

Even in pictures, that wasn't so visible.

Standing across from this woman went so different than he could've ever thought. Her face was red — embarrassment and regret evident in the two chocolate wells under her long lashes. 
She raised her hand slightly, her mouth parting to say something but seeing her halt, Kabir smirked.