Kabir

"Kabir!" A voice called, as the few figures in the room got up, astonished. 
One of them had wide eyes glazing with pure surprise. 
"Shams, my guy!" The guy—in a T-shirt and jeans—shouted with his vast suitcases and handbag, dropping his belongings on the floor and running towards the people.

He jumped onto one of them, who got startled and moved behind. 
"Their gaying never stopped." Another one commented, making all heads turn towards him. He shrugged as the hugging duo laughed together. 
"Shams, I missed you!" The dark-haired male grinned, hugging the other figure tighter.
"How dare you prank us, you fucker?!" The hazel-eyed guy, Shams, darted the other one with raging eyes. 
"Well, uh. You know. It was a prank! How can I miss my best friend's wedding?" Kabir spoke, pulling away from the hug.

"You smell." Shams scrunched up his face as one of the others said, "You missed his stinky socks for months, don't talk."
"Shut the fuck-" 
"Stop cursing!" Kabir spoke, sighing.
"I know I don't smell. I only smelled once in my life, and that was during high school. So quit lying and welcome me properly!" Kabir spoke, frowning at everyone. The 3 guys around them, including Shams stared at him. They weren't even surprised seeing him act so uninhibited and laid-back. 

That was Kabir Zaid. 

Sham's only best friend, who returned to the country after years of studying abroad.

"I thought it'd be fun to prank you. You got so sad. I heard that you cried!" Kabir laughed loudly as Shams frowned, "Who said that?!"
"Not me." The one beside them ran his hands through his nonexistent hair as Kabir smirked, "Atif, you lack hair cause of your lies." 
"Atif er baccha!" Shams screamed, about to hit the short-haired one who winced, moving away. 
"Kabir!" He called but Kabir showed him his tongue, proceeding to hug the others.

"Ah, Wahi! Ajay!" Kabir hugged them all and scrunched his face, "Stop smoking, this is my last warning. That's injurious." 
Kabir warned but they shrugged, "Let me smoke before I turn into a saint-like Shams. He's so scared of Priti bhabi sometimes, he quit smoking for good." 

"That's good for him. Better know your good." Kabir said, plopping on Sham's couch. 
"Where's uncle and aunt?" He asked as Shams replied, "They're out with some aunts, handing out invitation cards." 

"Isn't the wedding in like... a month?" 
"26 days." 
"Oh." Kabir nodded, eyeing Atif who furrowed his brows at him. 
"Bring me a glass of water, peasant." 
"What? Why should I? You didn't bring gifts." Atif spoke, rolling his eyes. Kabir scoffed, "Who said I didn't? I did. Bring me water, I'll give you a note of 100 dollars."

"My master, I'm coming right away!" Atif rushed out, making the others sigh. 
"You only know how to make a fool out of Atif." Ajay commented, sitting across from Kabir who chuckled, "I will give him money."
"Can I apply?" Wahi spoke, making Shams sigh.

"Shut up you all. Only busy with money and girls. Look, Kabir. When did you come? Spill things, you ass." Shams warned, sitting beside Kabir who smiled, looking around. He admired the minimal decoration of the living room and the couch.
"This couch is new... you changed it?"
"Yeah. You left 6 years ago, of course, I'd change it." 
"I came 2 years ago." 
"For an 8-day vacation and you didn't visit my house."

"Right." Kabir bit his bottom lip, continuing, "Don't worry. This time, I'm here permanently. I also prepared all the things to start a business here." 
"What the heck?!" Shams gasped. Wahi and Ajay immediately plopped down, giving Kabir the most shocked look to exist. 

"The water's here, master." Atif served a glass of water in front of Kabir as he took it, giving him a pleased look. 
"Good job, peasant."
"My pay?" 
"Wait." Kabir finished the water and handed it to Atif, "Go keep it in the kitchen." 
Ajay and Wahi stared at Atif and laughed among themselves.