Part 3

Character List (So there is no confusion)

Brooklyn Bowman

Brayden Bowman (Brooklyn's older Brother)

Adalynn Martin (Brayden's GF)

Claire Walcott (Brooklyn's friend)

Teagen Walters (Family Friend)

Jacob Ortega (Family Friend)

Tyler Pierson (You'll find out later ;)

Anna Parsaca (Brooklyn's friend)

Kim Marshall (Brooklyn's friend)

Alyssa Hoppe (Mean girl)

Hopefully that clears up some of the confusion with the characters that people were messaging me about! Sorry if I confused you all, I thought I made them clear about if they were family or friend, sorry!

I rushed downstairs when I heard people arriving already, I couldn't wait to see my parents! I missed them, they have been gone for a whole week. They always leave this week of the year, I never know why though. Usually they go away for a night or two, never a week until this time of year. So, I was excited they were back home and safe.

"At least the house is in one piece still," my dad says as he sets his bags down. I run up and hug him, because yes, I was a daddies girl. I wasn't ashamed to admit that, I spent a lot of time with my dad and uncle growing up.

"Yeah, keeping this kid in check is hard work," Brayden says making me glare playfully at him.

"Oh, I don't know how you two survive without killing each other all week," my mom says hugging Brayden. I laughed because, Brayden hated when she got all like that. I mean, the hugging and treating him like a baby boy still. It was hilarious, even my dad thought it was funny

"How about showing us some love too!" My grandma says as her and grandpa walk out of the kitchen. My mom smiles and hugs them, along with my dad.

"What are you doing here?" My dad asked a little surprised.

"Family dinner tonight," Grandma said giving them a look. " A celebration," she says giving them a look. My mom looked upset about it, but she smiles when she sees that I was looking at her.

"Yes, I think that is very nice," she says walking with my mom to the kitchen.

Later that night, everyone finally arrived. Uncle Landon and Aunt Morgan were here, Grandpa and Grandma Johnson, Grandpa Bowman, Teagen and Jack, and of course Adalynn was here as well. It was nice having this dinner, we were all together for once.

"Thanks for dinner Mrs. Bowman," Adalynn says politely making my mother smile at her.

"I told you Adds, call me Faith," mom says making Addie smile this time.

"Yeah mama B, thanks," Teagen and Jacob say together making her smile more. My mother loved that we had them here all the time, she loved having kids around.

"You're always welcome boys," she says back to them as they help Brayden clear the table for everyone.

"Getting ready for those big races coming up boys?" Grandpa Bowman asked making the boys get all excited because it was the first year they all were old enough to enter.

"Yeah we are!" Brayden says excited. I look at both my parents and the looked to be not to pleased with this, but they didn't say anything. My dad was more okay with it since he raced at that age, but mom was not okay with it at all.

"Better win big," Grandpa says making my other grandpa groan.

"Don't encourage them," Grandpa Johnson says.

"They are boy, they want to race let them," Gpa Bowman says making things get heated fast.

"Look where it got you, and where it got Alex years ago. Do you want that to happen to them?" Gpa Johnson says making everyone look at my dad. Nothing was ever said like that before, I wonder what he was talking about

"Dad enough please," dad says to my grandpa Bowman. I can tell that my mom was already upset about it, but she was trying not show it.

"They need to know how dangerous it is Jay," Gpa Johnson goes on to say.

"It's only dangerous if you have people who don't like you on that track, I see no reason to believe that any one in those tracks has anything against any of the boys!" gpa Bowman says back.

"Guys calm down!" My grandma says making everyone go silent. "Now, Sam you have no right to tell anyone how to live their life. and Jay, you don't need to encourage more than they are. Now, can we all just settle down and just be happy that the boys made it this far," She says making everyone look tense but relax a little.

"Thank you mom," My mother says to my grandma as they sit back down.

"Are we missing something here?" Brayden asked, he was always wanting to know things about anything and everything possible. Me on the other hand, I don't push to know things, I just let it happen on its own.

Dad told us all about how he was in that car accident on the track, saying that something went wrong with the car and it crashed. It was kind of scary how he explained it, never told us how it broke tho. Grandpa also ended up telling us about his race story, which was ten times worse. Of course the boys thought it was pretty awesome to be able to hear those stories, which mad my mom have a heart attack because they said it would make cool stories for them if it happened. Leave it to the boys to scare my mother to death.

Now it was just turning eleven o'clock, everyone was in bed. Teagen and Jacob were in the two spare rooms, where they are often at this point. I don't know why they just don't move in, maybe because they are to nice to ask. Anyways, here I was climbing down the tree that was next to my window. Let me rephrase that, I basically had to jump to reach the tree. But I did make it to the ground, safely might I add. I rushed around the house, avoiding all windows just in case someone woke up. I seen Claire parked down the street a little ways and made a run for it. She laughed when I got in the car and she took off.

"About time," she teases. I glare at her, she was dressed in a crop top, and a skirt. I shake my head at her clothing choice, she was my rebellious friend that was for sure. Then there was me, I was in a simple tank top and jean shorts. But let me tell you, according to all my friends, I had the curves for anything. I don't believe them tho, because like I said before, I hated myself.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked as we pulled up to the party. We were still in the car a ways down the street to park, I could hear the music all the way over here already.

"Birthday present remember," she reminds me. I roll my eyes and we get out of the car, the smell of alcohol and other drinks hits my senses and I crinkle my nose at the smell of it. How people could drink that stuff was beyond me, it was nasty smelling and I can only imagine how bad it tastes.

"Come on Brooklyn, at least try and have fun?" Claire begs me as she pulls me toward the house.

"I don't know... I'm not the party type Claire and you know that. I am awkward and don't like to be at these kind of things," I say second guessing myself about coming to this.

"Please, Kim was excited when I told her you were coming to her party," she says making me feel bad because Kim was a good friend of ours.

"Fine," I say walking to the backyard with her. There were people all over the place, music was blasting and people were in the pool and everywhere possible.

"Oh lord help me," I say to myself as Claire pulls me into the crowd.......