Part 2 Chapter 17

2 weeks later

Garrick's departure for the capital was eventually delayed by 2 weeks. This was because he had to wait for an answer to his letter stating that he was going to the capital to meet His Majesty King Harlow IV. The reply was only received at the beginning of week 3, so Garrick would depart at the beginning of the following week.

The delayed departure allowed the troops prepared to go with Garrick to be further enhanced. On average, the 100 soldiers who would accompany him had mastered level 1 of the shadow fist and at least level 2 of the red swallow. Garrick was quite pleased with the progress in that very, very short time. In addition, Garrick also managed to turn a hypothesis into a thesis regarding the rapid ability of people in this world to learn martial arts, based on the fact that in just over 2 weeks, there were several warriors who were able to learn from zero to level 2 of 'red swallow'. In Garrick's original world, it would take at least one year.

Garrick also sent word for his troops and General Adrian in Region 2 to increase their vigilance. He requested that there be squads of regular soldiers stationed at strategic guard posts with the militia. That way, if something happened, at least the guard posts could hold. Garrick also requested that the increase in troop numbers be temporarily accelerated. Garrick plans that within a few weeks, there will be at least a few thousand additional troops.

In addition, Garrick also had the opportunity to increase his cultivation ability so that it reached the 12th level of the 4th realm. This caused Garrick to already feel confident in being able to increase his cultivation realm to the 5th realm, or soul transformation. As usual, Garrick increased his realm by the river, accompanied by Fiona.

But this time Fiona was asked not to come down to the water. Fiona also began to understand because Garrick's age had reached 8 years. Therefore, Fiona only kept Garrick by the river and made sure no one disturbed him.

The change from the Nascant Soul realm to the Soul Transformation realm was actually not that noticeable. The golden-colored human form in his dantian turned into a figure similar to Garrick himself, and the sea of Qi manifested again. At the moment when the golden-colored human form changed into the shape of Garrick's own body, the figure shrank and returned to being only about 30–40 cm in size. All the energy was used to form an additional 'soul' that would later be able to form its own body and become a duplicate of Garrick for battle. The remaining qi from the transformation returned to liquid qi and became a sea of qi, which was currently only a small pool measuring about 5 meters in size, which was the minimum value of qi in the sea of qi.

Garrick's figure in his dantian would increase in size as the level of the 5th realm increased. In the end, more than one figure could even be made. But for the time being, Garrick was only able to reach level 1 of the 5th realm because the accumulated qi was used by Garrick to improve the quality of his 'soul'.

Similarly, when viewed from the outside. The improvement from the 4th realm to the 5th realm could hardly be seen. There was no change in the quality of the body or a significant increase in strength. Even Fiona couldn't see the change in Garrick when Garrick finished ascending to the 5th realm. Just by touching him, Fiona could feel the significant difference in qi quality.

Garrick took quite a long time to raise his realm. Garrick spent almost a whole day meditating by the river. During that time, Fiona remained very alert to the surrounding conditions to avoid attacks from the enemy.

"Congratulations, young master. Young master has reached the 5th realm." Fiona said.

"Thank you, Fiona. You've taken care of me all this time." Garrick said as he finished doing his realm stabilizing meditation.