Part 2 Chapter 5 Assasins

3 months later.

Using the meditation room, Garrick had reached level 10 in the 3rd realm, and his magic had reached level 7 in the 3rd realm. His cultivation progress was getting harder, but that was to be expected when using the 'Golden Silkworm' cultivation method. Nevertheless, Garrick estimated that in a few months' time he would be able to ascend to the 4th realm, Nascant Soul, and his magic would reach the 3rd circle. All of that was due to the meditation room in the Listern Magic Tower. But Garrick had already spent more than 550 hours, he only had 170 hours left. If the hours of use of the meditation room ran out, Garrick had to pay 5 gold coins for each day, or 24 hours of use.

Meanwhile, Fiona had reached level 11 in the 1st realm and was close to reaching the 2nd Realm. Fiona was already a true expert in both the 'Red Swallow', 'Shooting Star' and Golden Magic Palm' martial art hand techniques. Garrick estimates that currently no one can beat Fiona in this kingdom, especially since Fiona is also able to use magic techniques, although currently it is still limited to magic for attacking, namely 'Fireball', 'Blizzard', and 'Magic Missile'. But the number of fire projectiles or mana balls that can be released and their quality will surprise even an archmage. Moreover, Fiona has learned to use Aura to protect her body in addition to using the magic 'shield'. Perhaps in another 3–4 months, both Fiona's cultivation realm and magic circle could be improved.

Meanwhile, Carl had already reached the beginning of the 4th level of the 'Red Swallow'. Even Carl could easily materialize the aura. Carl had also been taught to use the aura to protect his body. Currently, with his abilities, even Elvin can't beat Carl anymore, even with the use of Aura. Even so, Carl also had difficulty defeating Elvin.

Meanwhile, the soldiers under Garrick had almost all mastered level 1 and some had reached level 2. Especially the 20 knights who were first recruited by Garrick had all reached level 2 of the 'Red Swallow'. Some of them could even emit aura. The 50 knights under Garrick became a very deadly force.

Garrick also taught both his parents and siblings the simplest qi breathing method, much simpler than the one given to Fiona. But with that method, the qi or mana that could be gathered rose rapidly, almost 4 times that of the most advanced conventional method. Of course, the Garrick family became very happy. His father, Count Yarrow, again promised to give a reward. With that technique, Garrick's mother Agatha was able to break through to the 4th Circle, while his father might by the end of the year or early next year be able to rise to the 5th circle, a rank equivalent to archmage, there were only 5 people in the kingdom who had the rank of 4rd Circle.

His siblings were also progressing rapidly, especially with the use of the meditation room in the Listern Magic Tower that Garrick had timed, greatly accelerating the improvement of her siblings' abilities. The eldest sister, Donna, was already very close to the 3rd Circle, perhaps within a few months she would be able to reach that level. Meanwhile, her older brother, Wilfred, was still a bit away from reaching the 2nd magic circle, perhaps only next year he could reach it. The news of the Yarrow family's improvement was one of the hottest stories in the kingdom.

Garrick had also purchased a 20-acre wine estate, of which 10 acres were vineyards. The remaining 5 acres were oat farmland, and the remaining 5 acres were forest. The estate also had a winery that processed the grapes into wine. Garrick bought the asset for two platinum coins. Each month, from the sale of the wine alone, Garrick would get a profit of around 10–15 gold coins, therefore, in less than 2 years, the money spent would be returned. Garrick also asked Radin to negotiate the purchase of the farm next door, because the farm also had a lot of livestock that would certainly generate profits.

---oOo---

On a night when there was no moon in the sky, several people seemed to enter the territory of Yarrow Castle. Those people were a group of assassins sent by someone worried about the power of the Yarrow family with the rapidly increasing abilities of the children of count Harold, especially Garrick. They wanted Garrick killed so that at least the power of the Yarrow family would decrease.