Part 2 Chapter 10 Trouble in Capital City

The next day.

Count Harold's family woke up early in the morning. They had to dress up nicely for the award ceremony to be held on the palace grounds. Because of the formal attire, it took a long time to dress up.

Garrick complained because, just like in his previous life, the official royal attire always brought difficulties because it was very complicated to wear. The clothes were always more than three layers, not to mention the various emblems and accessories that had to be placed in certain positions on the clothes.

It took almost two hours for them to get dressed. The personal assistants, or maids, are also well dressed, as they will be participating in the ceremony. They will receive a plaque that is handed to each person after that person has received and kept it.

In the end, even though they had been up since 4 a.m., they could only leave for the palace at 7 a.m. Even though the ceremony will be held at 8:30.

---oOo---

Solatia's guardian fortress
Morning at 5.30 am

A number of troops who were part of the troops sent from other regions to secure the kingdom, suddenly locked up their sick friends in the infirmary. They secretly closed the door of the infirmary ward and restrained him with very heavy items. Since the infirmary was the most secure part of the fortress, there was no other way to enter it. The soldiers on guard were also ambushed. Some were killed, but most were paralyzed and locked up in the prison room of the fortress. They then took over guard duty, so it was as if nothing had happened.

There were more than 3,000 rebel troops out of the 5,000 troops from the border who were in the fortress. They quickly put down any resistance inside the fortress, as it was still early in the morning, and put all the captured soldiers in prison.

2,500 of the rebel troops then changed their clothes into those of an unknown army and left the fortress for the main entrance of Solatia city.

---oOo---

Solatia military barracks
5.30 am

Similar to the incident in the fortress, almost all the barracks inside Solatia City were taken down by the rebel troops. The sick native Solatia troops were taken prisoner in the sick ward, and the rest were imprisoned in the prison rooms of the military barracks.

Within a short time, the barracks were overrun from the inside, but from the outside, it looked like nothing had happened. There were only 500 soldiers who were not taken prisoner as they were securing the palace for the ceremony. However, there were still other soldiers guarding other parts of Solatia's fortified walls.

Within an hour, almost all of the troops guarding Solatia had been neutralized.

---oOo---

Royal Palace

Invitees began to arrive at the palace courtyard for the award ceremony. The guests were mostly famous people, including nobles and representatives from neighboring countries.
Count Harold's family had arrived at 7.20 a.m.However, due to the number of people entering the palace and the strict inspection, there was a long queue to enter the palace. It took more than half an hour for Count Harold's family to enter the palace.

After they entered, they went to their respective places. Count Harold, Countess Agatha, and Wilfred went to the seats reserved for the noble families. Donna and Garrick went to the stands, where all the honorees were seated. They were accompanied by their respective maids. Garrick led Fiona to the stands, where she would be seated.