I wasn't sure if he wasn't lying. Kyran often had told me he was fine when he was not. He could be lying about being fine and could suffer in reality.

However, Kyran was right with one thing.

Until we heard nothing of the Canadian pack about his condition, we could be sure, his life wasn't in danger. And I was relieved because of this knowledge. If not, I would have probably gone crazy.

My phone suddenly hummed and I looked at the message of my mother.

[Mom]: Dinner with the Crimson's.

I hadn't taken my car because I wanted to enjoy the weather. And now I took the way to the house of the Crimson family by feet.

The snow crunched under my soles and the cold wind pierced my nose and filled my lungs with frosty air.

He had loved the cold. Did he still love it?

The cold season in Canada must be much colder than the one in Germany. It even snowed much more there. The forests were giant and if he was really better, he would enjoy running through them.

If he returned we could request a visit to their territory and explore the forest. I would love to get to know the family he was with now. And I wanted to thank their Alpha for taking Kyran in.

I took my phone out and texted Caleb.

[Cassian]: Are you still at school? My family is invited to dinner at your place.

His answer came just minutes later.

[Caleb]: On my way, the last lesson ended a bit earlier. I just slipped with my bike on the snow.

Ouch.

[Cassian]: Damn. Everything okay?

[Caleb]: Yeah, my palms are a bit hurt but they're already healing. But I'm wet and cold.

He sent a selfie of himself and it showed him in wet clothes. His hair was wet too and hanging over his eyes.

[Cassian]: Both hands at the handlebar or you will slip again.

We would have walked together if we knew about the dinner. Well, I had at least waited for him at school so we could go together.

[Cassian]: Should I wait here? You should come past me if I wait.

His answer took some time.

[Caleb]: Slipped again. Yeah, wait for me if it's okay.

So, I waited and after about 15 minutes he arrived. Wet and now with more bruises.

»Slipped two more times,« he grumbled and pushed his bike towards me. »I choose to walk after three times. Didn't help. I slipped even without being on the bike.«

I snorted amusedly and took his bike to push it, so he could rest his bruised hands.

»Today is the day Kyran left, right?« Caleb said and I flinched. Right. Today was the day. I remembered the date from memory and because I had it in my calendar.

»How long do you think he will take to return?«

I feared the answer to his question and I didn't know it. But he should take all the time he needs.

»I don't know,« I answered. »But he will return at all cost.«

I was confident that he would return. Not only because I hoped to see the man I loved. But because that was Kyran. It was Kyran's personality to take responsibility for his rank. To think about the well being of our pack.