5 | Fate

"I'm your knight. Should I remind you of this, Princess?"

Ara walked around the garden. "I know, but Sooha's knights are same for me too. You all are supposed to protect us. What's the big deal?" She picked up a cherry and put it in the basket. Her big purple dress caressed the earth as she moved like a soft wind. "Don't be upset over nothing."

"Princess, when are you going to understand this?" Nicholas came in front of her, not letting her through. "I'm your knight. K, Ej, Taki... we all are here for you. They... Those good for nothing guys are Sooha's knights. Not yours. Accept it."

"Nicholas." Ara sighed. "I know you're jealous, but stop this madness already. I'm well protected. By you all. At the end of the day, that's all that matters."

"Princess." He took a deep frustrated breath. "If it came down to you and Sooha, they'll always choose her. Just like we'll choose you. Get this through your mind. I'm begging you."

"You are being unreasonable."

"I'm begging you, Princess. Trust us. Trust me before it's too late."

Ara only nodded and walked away. Nicholas only watched.

Nicholas watched Ara get her food from the counter. She sat with the witch girl. Her movements were robotic. She was human now, her powers deep buried inside of her. His hands curled into fists. Vampires. They did this to her. They did this his princess.

"Stop staring. Do you want her to slap you again?" Taki threw a candy into his mouth. "She can throw a punch though. I'm impressed."

"I'm going to kill them." Nicholas looked away. "They made Ara a living robot with their compulsion, so she won't be able to realise her powers ever again. That fucking Jay. I'm going to tear him apart. Limb by limb."

"Calm down my child." K sat down and pushed a tray of French fries in his direction. "We're going to take revenge, yes, but slowly. You aren't going to fight blind. Remember, they're as strong as us. We were knights of the most powerful kingdom, so stop saying nonsense and let's think it through."

"Ej. Come with me." Taki stood up. K raised his eyebrows. "Trust me. Please?" He asked, and when K nodded, he went towards the corner table with Ej.

"You mean to say Sunghoon took you away, walked you to the classroom and then disappeared?"Ayame sighed, crossed her arms against her chest and shook her head when Sunoo nodded.

"But at least he was with me. I think he likes me," Sunoo mumbled, smiling shyly.

"Delusional little shit. That's what you are." Ayame sighed. "What to do with you?"

Sunoo pouted. "Ya! Let me be delusional then."

"Can I sit here?"

Ayame looked up, and blinked at Taki. "Do we know you?"

"No. But you should." Taki sat beside her. "I'm Taki. You're Ayame, right? Hi Sunoo." He winked at the sunshine guy. The siblings exchanged a look. "Here's my friend, Ej. You remember him from the morning Sunoo?"

Ej sat beside Sunoo. "Sorry for scaring you earlier. I was too straightforward." He smiled to ease the awkwardness. "I'm Ej."

"No worries. I understand. It must be difficult to be a new student." Sunoo's eye smile made Ej go awe. "I can be your friend. Don't worry."

Ayame elbowed her brother. "Can you stop being so quick at making friends?"

"Shut up," Sunoo whispered back. He turned to Ej and Taki. "So how are you guys liking the town? If you were here before, you could have attended the party. It was a 'back to school' party by the guys. I had fun."