1 | Drunk Dazed

Sunghoon watched the new guy.

Everyone in the town was under enchantment. Once entered, you couldn't leave. It binded you to them. The six vampires, damned to be stuck in one place together. Nobody questioned changes. No one did anything out of ordinary. It was simple. Normal. But after five years, the new duo had come. They would have to be enchanted too. By tonight.

"I want strawberry one." Kim Sunoo purchased a cone of ice cream and started walking out, only to collide with Sunghoon who had deliberately stepped in his way. "Oh shit!"

Sunghoon tilted his head as he watched the young boy on his knees, mourning the wasted ice cream. "Sorry. I'll buy you a new one," he said with a fake softness and got on his knee.

His hand touched Sunoo's and it felt like the time froze. What was this feeling? Sunoo's wide eyes stared at him as Sunghoon's fingers brushed against his. Sunghoon watched him for a moment, his face, his eyes, his lips and gulped. His skin was soft too. Sunghoon wanted to stare at him the whole day just to memorise his features. Why did he look so familiar?

"You're handsome," the blonde guy whispered, and Sunghoon came out of his trance. Sunoo flushed when realised the other one had heard him. "Sorry. I couldn't contain the compliment."

"It's alright. I get that a lot." Sunghoon cleared his throat. "Come on, I'll buy you a new ice cream-" he saw Sunoo ready to protest and shook his head. "Don't argue with me, I'll buy it." They went inside the shop again.

Sunghoon very subtly got the paper knife into his pocket. His eyes stared at the soft pale skin of Sunoo's wrist and then looked up at him. Sunoo was grinning, enjoying his new ice cream. "Is it nice?" Sunghoon asked, and Sunoo nodded like a kid. Well, he was a kid technically, compared to hundred years old vampire.

"Here, you can taste it if you want to." Sunoo kindly offered the untouched part of the cone.

Sunghoon smiled, and pretended to take a bite, but licked it extra so cream fell on his hands. "Oh! I messed up, sorry. Can you grab my hankerchief from the pocket?" He half turned and Sunoo put a hand in his jacket's pocket, only to hiss in pain when the paper knife sliced his hand.

Sunoo pulled away, blood dripping from his palm. "Sunoo!" Ayame, who had been buying stuff on the other side, rushed to his side, and grabbed his hand. She examined the cut. Getting her hankerchief, she dabbed it carefully. "I asked you to be careful around sharp objects. Why are you like this?"

Sunghoon stretched his hand out. "Sorry, it's my fault. I'm Sunghoon. I'll take you to the nearby pharmacy."

Ayame wasn't sure if that handshake was for her or Sunoo. Fortunately her brother made a decision, and shook his good hand with Sunghoon. "I'm Sunoo. People call me sunshine, so I guess you'll like to have me around too since I'm a mood maker-"

She elbowed him. Sunoo pouted. Sunghoon stared at his lips, and Ayame disliked that blonde guy instantly. Not everyone deserved her brother's good side. "So where's it?"

"Where's what?" Sunghoon asked. Ayame stared. "Oh yes. I can take you to the pharmacy," He told Sunoo.

"No. You can't," She argued back. "I can take care of my brother."

"Hey, don't be mean." Sunoo elbowed her this time. "Thank you, Sunghoon. I'll go with you. You go, and finish buying your stuff," he told the last part to his sister who looked back and forth between him and Sunghoon, sighed and walked away.

Sunghoon took the guy out, and grabbed his hand. "Let me see your wound." His fingers touched the boy's blood and a heavy scent entered his mind, turning his vision hazy. Hunger. Thirst. Everything came together as he took another deep breath, inhaling the addiction.