4 | Criminal Love

Sunghoon stood there.

His friends were around the corner, lurking in the shadows. Someone was running. He could hear the person panting, the scent mixed with fear. Intense fear. It gave Sunghoon a thrill of chase. He was a creature of night after all. Hunting was in his blood. It called for him.

Sunoo appeared. His white pale skin shining under the moonlight. "No. No. No." He was shaking his head, ready to bolt, but Jungwon appeared behind him, blocking his path. "Let me go! What's going on?" Sunoo's wide eyes looked around. When he tried to go left, someone came there too.

"Not so soon, pretty boy." Heesung and Jay were there, fangs out, a dark look on their faces.

Sunoo's steps faltered. He ran in other direction. Niki and Jake surrounded him. Sunoo looked around. He was stuck. He looked at Sunghoon. His eyes teared up. "I trust you. You won't let them hurt me. Right?" Sunoo took slow steps towards Sunghoon. "You won't let them do anything to me, right?"

Sunghoon smiled. He watched Sunoo. The moment Sunoo reached him, he pulled him by the waist. "Of course. They won't do anything. I won't let them touch you." His voice was honey chilled.

Sunoo relaxed in his embrace.

"You're mine to deal with after all."

Sunoo's eyes opened wide. Sweat glistened on his forehead. Sunghoon ever so slowly trapped him in his gaze, and placed a hand around his neck. And then in the blink of an eye, he went for Sunoo's neck. Tearing the vein apart. Drinking the heaven his blood was. Sunoo cried in agony, trying to push him off, but Sunghoon was strong. He held on. Tightly.

"Please... Don't... You lov..." Sunoo went slack in his arms.

"Sunghoon, stop." Jungwon was saying from somewhere far away.

"Sunghoon, you need to stop. This is enough." Jay was there too.

"Sunghoon!"

Heesung pulled him away from Sooyun. Sunghoon blinked. Where was he again? He blinked again and again. He was in the guest room. Why was he there? He looked around. Everyone was staring at him with something like fear. What did he do? He shook his head.

"Come here." Jake pulled Sooyun behind him.

That was when Sunghoon noticed the state of the witch girl. Her shirt was torn from the shoulder and his finger marks were visible from where he had been holding her, ready to drink her blood. "Did I... Did I..." He stepped back, startled.

"Sunghoon, look at me. It's okay." Jay cupped his face, making him turn to him. "It's the blood moon. It's not your fault. You didn't drink her blood. Okay? You're fine."

Jake took off his jacket, and put it on Sooyun who was trembling like a leaf. She was biting her lips hard to not make any noise. Inside, her whole being was traumatized. When Sunghoon glanced at her, she flinched. Jake, who was covering her with jacket, noticed and held her hands. "You're safe. I'm here." He said her in mind. She managed to nod.

"Guys, I'll drop Sooyun back to her place. We're supposed to go to school later." Jake and Sooyun left.

"Why was she here?" Sunghoon asked.

"She used a lot of her strength last night and fainted. She was resting here." Heesung pinched the bridge of his nose. "Jake guided her through the spells telepathically. She's still a baby witch with no training. It was a lot for her."

"Are we going to ignore the fact that Sunghoon kept saying Sunoo's name while trying to bleed Sooyun dry?" Niki raised his eyebrows. Jay gave him a look. "What? The sunshine guy clearly isn't safe from the ice prince."