Prologue

KNOCK KNOCK.

21st September. 8:00 am.

Mysterious dead body found near the local forest of Seoul! Police suspect animal attack.

__________________________

"Perfect!"

Ayame grumbled from her seat. Her brother sitting beside her stared outside the window. "Sunoo. Look at this. Someone killed a person at the border of the town we're going to live in." She grumbled, throwing her phone to the side. "I really have a bad feeling about this."

"Look aunt is here." Sunoo ignored his sister, and the cab driver pulled over near the border. "Aunt Hera!" He waved his hand, and paid for the ride before getting down.

"I can't believe this," Ayame murmured.

"Sorry miss, but I heard your conversation. Don't worry, towns around here are very far from the forests." The driver smiled. "Have a nice day."

"Thanks." She sighed, and went out. Sunoo was standing by the welcome poster of the town. "Welcome to Carnival? What a weird name," she said out loud.

Sunoo smiled and traced the letters gently. "It sounds lovely to me." He looked up to his aunt Hera. She was glancing around confused and Sunoo grabbed Ayame's hand before pulling her to cross the border.

As soon as she stepped into the town, she felt something weird. Her hair whipped to her face. She turned around only to see... nothing. There was no cab in the scene anymore. Did the driver leave already? Sunoo tugged her forward to Hera.

The young woman smiled broadly seeing the duo. "My my. I had been waiting for you. How did you appear out of thin air?" Hera hugged Sunoo, and turned to Ayame. "My lovely girl."

"Thin air?" Ayame frowned as she hugged her. "Aunt, we just got off the car in front of you."

Hera tilted her head. "You did?"

Sunoo chuckled. "Aunt, you're getting old. It's alright. Let's get going." He threw his arms around both of them and they started walking towards home, talking about what they were going to eat for dinner.

Ayame tried to focus on the conversation but she couldn't ignore the feeling of being watched. Her eyes moved around and then she noticed a movement in peripheral. A tall figure was standing on the hill. But then she blinked and it was gone as if never there.

"Ayame. What are you looking at?" Sunoo asked, but she only shook her head and moved on. Something was weird.

But what?

<     >

"Fuck this shit."

Jay threw the vase on the wall. Jake sighed, and snapped his fingers. The broken pieces joined together and vase was put back on the table. "Can you calm down? This is the last time I'm using my power for your stupidity."

"You borrowed it, so fuck off." Jay rolled his eyes. He glanced at Heesung. "So what? We're going to perform the ritual again? That shit cost us our sanity-"

"I agree." Jungwon raised his hand from the couch where he was sleeping face down. "Red moon is tomorrow. School starts from Monday. Should we do it?"

"Last time I performed blood ritual, I slept for a week." Sunghoon swirled the red drink in his glass. "How many are they?"