Chapter 11

-Finnick's POV-

A very happy Annie comes to visit and I'm excited. I've been getting fewer and fewer visitors lately. Apparently they're training for battle and are tired of me yelling at them.

"Hi Finnick!" beams Annie as she steps into my room.

"Annie," I say as I break into a smile. I set my rope down to listen.

"I have exciting news," she states. "Trent and I are getting married here in 13. This Friday actually."

"That's great!" I say before I get a little sad. Amily and I still haven't gotten married.

"I know it might be a lot for you but we would like you to come," Annie says. "You don't have to if it's going to cause too much stress but it would be great if you were there."

"Of course!" I say. "We can even do another private ceremony on the beach when we get back to four! That way Amily can be there."

Annie looks a little sad. "Yes Finnick," she replies. "We can do that too."

She leaves and I have a mental breakdown. When am Amily and I going to get married? Mags won't be there. Amily's parents can come! Mine won't be there. We can finally start a family! Andy won't be there.

What if Amily is mad at me for leaving her in the capital? Will she believe me when I tell her I wanted to go back for her? Will she still want to be with me?

I start to hyperventilate and Mrs. Everdeen comes in to sedate me. I fall asleep.

It's Friday and I get ready for the wedding. I shower and fix my hair before putting on my grey jumpsuit. It's nice to not be in a hospital gown for once.

I have to stay with Mrs. Everdeen the whole wedding for my safety. If I start to freak out she'll sedate me. I told her I won't freak out but she doesn't believe me.

I take a seat in the back next to Johanna. Amily's parents briefly say hi before sitting down. Would they have come to our wedding? I think they would have.

The wedding music snaps me back into reality. Trent stands at the altar with Anchor. I guess he's officiating.

Prim walks down the aisle, sprinkling flower petals everywhere. This isn't something we usually do in 4 but I guess Coin wanted to include elements of a traditional District 13 wedding.

Next down the aisle comes Annie. She's wearing a gorgeous white dress and a flowing vail that cascades down her red hair. Amily is going to look beautiful in her wedding dress.

Annie reaches Trent and the ceremony starts. After some boring District 13 traditional spiel from Anchor, Jack comes charging down the aisle holding the rings. He's so cute!

Next, Annie and Trent say their vows, putting salt water on each other's lips when they're done. Where did they get salt water in 13? Please don't tell me they just mixed tap water with salt.

Finally, they seal their marriage in a salty kiss and the crowd cheers. It's not as loud as a capital crowd but it's still too loud for my liking.

I stick around for a bit at the reception before Mrs. Everdeen says it's time to go back to my room. I say a brief goodbye to Annie and Trent before heading back to the hospital.

Before I fall asleep, Johanna stops by.

"They uh didn't want to tell you," she starts. "But uh I'm getting shipped out tomorrow. We're going to the capital to fight."

"Who's we?" I ask.

"Me, Anchor and Phillip. Katniss is already there," she replies.

"Can I come?" I ask. Johanna shakes her head.

"I just wanted to come see you I guess before I leave in case anything happens," she sighs.

"No Jo!" I cry. "You can't die. You have to find Amily and bring her home. Please!"

Johanna lets out a long sigh. "I'll do my best. See you later fishboy."

-
AN: And we're off to war! What do you think they'll find in the capital?