Chapter 9

-Finnick's POV-

I need to escape. I have to find Amily. They keep having Johanna and Katniss talk to me and they keep showing me the video. It's fake. She's not dead. I've seen her. We need to go back.

A few days into my captivity here, I get visitors. First, Annie comes in with her family.

"Uncle Finnick!" shrieks Jack as he runs to my bed. Something about seeing them makes me happy.

"Hey buddy!" I say as I sit up. "Come sit."
Jack hops on my bed and starts telling me about his brother.

"Look!" he states as Annie enters the room holding her now two month old son. "His name is Evan and he's so cool!"

"Hey Finnick," Trent says as he awkwardly stands in the room. Annie approaches me with Evan.

"Do you want to hold him?" she asks. I eagerly nod my head and she hands him to me.

"Be careful!" Jack states. "Mommy says to be gentle with the baby."

I smile at him before it suddenly hits me. Amily. Andy. The family that would have been. I don't know when I start crying but Annie carefully takes Evan from me.

"I'm going to get her back," I cry. "I promise I'm going to go back for her."

"Finnick," Annie sighs as she gives me a sad look. "Get some rest. We'll come visit again soon."
Trent takes Jack and the four of them exit the room.

My next visitors are two older people that look familiar but I've never met them before.

"Hi Finnick," the woman says as she approaches my bed and grabs my hand. Her touch is comforting and I look up at her and the man she is with.

"Have we met?" I ask, a little confused as to why these people were visiting me.

"No," the woman sniffs. "We're Amily's parents."
I sit in shock as they tell me about the assassination plot to kill them and how they had to flea to thirteen. It's honestly a wild story.

"Are my parents here too?" I ask.

"No," Mr. Tides sighs. "But we're your parents now. Annie told us how much you meant to Amily. You're part of the family."

I start crying again. I have a family?

"I'm going to bring her back," I tell them. Mrs. Tides just gives me a polite smile and they leave me to rest. She's very comforting.

Next, Phillip and Mimi come to visit. Apparently Warren has become a hermit again and doesn't leave his room.

"Hi Finnick," Mimi chimes. "We missed you so much."

I smile at them. They remind me of home. Amily.
"Mags?" I ask them. Maybe the capital had wrong information about her.

"I'm sorry," Mimi sighs as she shakes her head. I let out a long sigh.

"Have you seen Anchor?" I ask.

"We just had a visit with him," Phillip states. "He's in bad shape physically but he's recovering. They'll probably release him in the next week or two."

"Good!" I exclaim. "I need to talk to him about Amily. It's super important!"

"Finnick," Phillip sighs. "Amily is..."

"No she's not!" I yell. "Stop spewing rebel misinformation. The rebels left her in the capital and they won't let me go back for her. We need to go back!" I burst into sobs. Mimi gets the nurse and I am sedated once again.

Two weeks later I finally get a visit from Anchor. Everyone here is still brainwashed by stupid rebel propaganda and it's honestly exhausting. I'm not against the revolution in general, just the way they're going about things. Coin seems as bad as Snow.

"Hey Finnick," Anchor grumbles. His golden hair is shaved and his right arm is still in a sling.

"Thank god you're here!" I exclaim. "I need your help with my plan."

"No," he immediately states and my expression falls.

"No?" I ask.

"Finnick I'm going to be brutally honest to you," he states. "The capital fucked with your memories. What you believe happened isn't real. I saw it happen with my own two eyes. You need to get a grip on reality or else they're never letting you out of here."

I stare at him, stunned.

"Get out," I tell him. He doesn't move. "GET OUT!" I scream and doctors run in to sedate me. He's been brainwashed. I need to escape.

-
AN: Ahhhhhh I loved this chapter. More coming soon. What do y'all think of book 4 so far?