Chapter 1

-Finnick's POV-

I wake up in a white room. What happened? Am I in 13? Shit. I didn't get my tracker out.

Glancing around I immediately realize that I am not in 13. I am sitting in a white cell with peacekeepers standing guard at the door. This is definitely the capital.

The door opens and Dr. Holms walks in.
"Mr. Odair," she states. "Do you know where you are?"

"Well this looks like the capital to me," I huff. Why am I so out of breath?

"Yes, Mr. Odair," Dr. Holms responds. "You were rescued from the arena when the rebels attempted an escape plan. You are very lucky we found you when we did."

"What happened to the rebels?" I ask.

Ignoring my question, Dr. Holms asks a question of her own while writing something down on her pad.
"What do you remember about your last night in the arena?"

"Uh well I was at the lightning tree with the alliance," I state. "We were trying to follow Beetee's plan but the careers found us. I killed Brutus and..." Oh god I don't even want to think about the next part.

"What happened after you killed Brutus?" Dr. Holms asks.

"Um," I swallow, trying not to cry. "Amily had a spear in her abdomen. I tried to get to her but Katniss shot an arrow at the force field and the arena collapsed. I don't remember anything after that." Dr. Holms rapidly writes on her pad.

"Where's Amily?" I ask, nervous for her answer.

"I am not at liberty to disclose that information until you have passed quarantine and security checks," she states.

"So she's alive?" I ask.

"I am not at liberty to discuss that either," she replies.

"What about the others?" I ask her as she stops writing.

"We were able to rescue you, Enobaria, and Mr. Melark," she states. "Ms. Everdeen, Ms. Mason and Mr. Latier were picked up by a rebel hovercraft that was subsequently shot down by our forces."

Johanna is dead? She can't be.

"Um do you know if the other fellow District 4 victors are safe?" I ask her. "It sounds like the rebels are getting violent and I worry about their safety."

"We were able to extract Mr. Smith," she states. They have Anchor? "Mr. Gust and Mr. Grey are unaccounted for."

"What about Mags?" I ask her.

"I'm sorry Mr. Odair," Dr. Holms states and my heart sinks. "Ms. Flanagan passed away during the games."

"No..." I can't even get the words out. "I need to see Amily. Please I need to see her."

"Get some rest, Mr. Odair," Dr. Holmes tells me as she pumps something into my IV. I feel my eyelids get heavy and I drift off to sleep.

-
AN: Super short first chapter but I'll post the second chapter in a few hours!