unpleasantville

(season1episode12)

When we passed the welcome to Mystic Falls sign Damon woke me up

When we passed the welcome to Mystic Falls sign Damon woke me up. "I'm going to take you home." He says looking over at me.

"Okay." I say, biting my lip and looking out the window as the familiar scene of my town started to show.

"You don't want to go home." He says as if reading my
thoughts.

"Not really. " I ask, looking back at him.

"So if you don't want to go, where do you want to go?"

"I don't know, I just don't know how to tell Elena and I don't think I'm able to handle being in the same house with three people that I care about and that I could attack any moment."

"Well you could come live with me and Stefan for a couple days. Just until you can really control everything," he says, "But you have to tell Elena eventually or she finds out from Stefan." he adds.

" I know, I just- I don't know how."

---------------------------
Once we made it to my house I tell Damon to wait and that I will be right back.

Going inside I try to go up to my room only to be stopped by Jenna.
"Oaklyn. Is that you?"

"Yeah it's me Aunt Jenna." I answer, walking into the living room.

"Where have you been? You haven't called or texted. I was worried sick."she says getting angry.

"I'm sorry. I just- I couldn't stay here any longer. It was getting to much again. I tried I really did but I just had to get away and I think it's better if I move out for a while." I say not looking at her.

"Move out? Where would you even go?" she asks looking directly at me.
"The Salvatore House. Damon said it would be fine and they have plenty of space." I answer her. Looking up I can see that she is not convinced making me speak up again.

"I know that you're skeptical but I really have to do this. If I don't I think it will only get worse. Pleaseeeeee." I beg her. 

After some more convincing she finally agrees  and gives me hug. Going to my room I walk over to my closet and get out a bag and start to put some clothes and other necessities in it. Once I'm done I go back downstairs and goodbye one last time before going back outside to Damon.

-------------------------

Arriving at the house both of us go inside and I start to settle in. Choosing a room and putting all my belongings where they belong doesn't take long and start to relax afterwards.

That doesn't last long though because soon Stefan gets home with Elena in tow and they talk to Damon who is downstairs in the livingroom while I am upstairs hiding and listening to their conversation.

Putting my hair behind my ear so I can hear them more clearly I hear Stefan ask Damon where I was. That question is followed by a dozen of other questions but as soon as they relize that Damon isn't going to answer any of them Stefan sort of gives up. But Elena starts to beg and says things like "I just want to know where my sister is.", "Please tell me" and so on but  Damon still refuses to answer. 

After a couple of minutes I decide to finally come out of hiding and make my way downstairs.
"Damon." I quietly say as I reach the last step, so Elena doesn't hear. But of course Stefan hears aswell and slowly turns around to face me, making Elena look at him in confusion and then she turns around aswell looking at me. 

"Oaklyn" she says as she starts to move towards me only to be stopped by Damon who rushes towards me, hiding me behind him.

Elena doesn't like that and starts to argue with Damon which I blend out and I move my eyes towards Stefan who is already looking at me, confusion written all oer his face. But as we look at eachother a little longer his confusion soon turns into relization. 

That is when I know that he knows that I am a vampire now.

"Elena stop." Stefan suddenly says but Elena doesn't listen and still tries to reach me.

"Elena." he says more sternly aking Elena stop. She turns to look at him in confusion and he just says "Stop." one more time. Only making her more confused. 
"What? Why?" she asks trying to get answers, only for her to be ignored.

Damon turns around looking at me and asks if I'm okay, me only nodding in response.

"Why are you asking if she's okay? Why shouldn't she be okay?" Elena asks, "Okay what is going on? I feel like all of you know soething that I don't and somehow it involves Oaklyn." 

"Elena I-" I say looking at her. "What O?"

"Elena I'm a vampire." I say making direct eye contact with her.

"You're what? How? When?" she keeps firing all these questions at me and soon we all sit down and I start to tell her the whole story about the guy and the crash but leaving out the part where I killed someone. This also makes her talk about a guy calling her and trying to kill her. 

This makes all of us think that he is really after Elena because I was in her car and he called her not me. So after some thinking we come up with a plan. 

Elena and Stefan leave soon afterwards.

---------------------------------------------------

I've been in my room for a couple of hours now just laying in bed and reading, when I hear a knock on the door and Damon poking his head inside the room.

"Hey." I say while sitting up and closing my book setting it down in front of me.
"Hey," he says while sitting down, "here" he quickly adds handing me a blood bag. 

"Thanks." I say while taking it and start to drink some of it. We sit in silence for some time, when he decides to talk again.

"We should probably start getting ready for the dance." 
"Yeah," I say

"Can you help me with the outfit?" I ask him getting up from the bed and walking towards the closet.
"Sure." he agrees.

After showing him some outfits we finally decide on a short red and white checkered dress paired with white heels and pearl accessoires.