the turning point

(season1episode10)

When I wake up I'm still cuddled up to Damon, who is already awake

When I wake up I'm still cuddled up to Damon, who is already awake. "Good Morning." I say looking up at him.

"Morning, pretty girl." he says making me blush, like I always do when he uses the nickname. "What time is it?"

"Don't know but everyone already left."

Getting up I go to the bathroom and do my buisness, Damon joining me soon after to brush his own teeth. Afterwards we go back to my room and I go lay back in the bed while he puts on his clothes.

"Damon. What happened yesterday?" I ask, looking at him.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I know that some Bonnie was possessed by her ancestor Emely but after that I'm lost and Elena wouldn't tell anything else." I explain.

"Bonnie well Emely destroyed the necklace that was my only chance to get Kathrine back and then I tried o kill her but Stefan and Elena just had to safe her." he says.

"You tried to kill Bonnie?" I ask confused.

"Yep." he says not really caring.

"You know I'll help you get Kathrine back." I confess, scooting to the edge of my bed. "Why would you help me?" he asks coming close to me, so our faces are on the same level.

"Because I care about you, and I can see that she is still very important to you." I say looking into his eyes.
"I just want you to be happy." I add under my breath.

"God you are so pure." is the last thing he says before he goes.

------------------------

Looking at the clock I find out that it is eleven am and decide to go take a shower. After my shower I wrap my towel around me and do my skincare routine. Then I go back to my room and put on some casual clothes to go on a walk. 

Trying not to look into the mirror I quickly walk to my vanity and put on some makeup

Trying not to look into the mirror I quickly walk to my vanity and put on some makeup. Afterwards I get my bag and make my way downstairs where I put  on my converse and then go take my walk. 

Ending up at the cemetery I decided to sit down at my parents grave. Pulling out my sketchbook and my phone I listen to some usic and sketch a bit. 

Not really sure how long I've been here, I decide to make my way back home. Stopping at the grill to get some fries. At the grill I meet Stefan and Elena, Stefan tells me that Damon left town and wasn't gonna come back.

On my way home I eat my fries and once i reach home I make my way up to my room again and realize that it is already five pm. 

Just as I was about to sit down in my chair and read my phone starts to ring. My stomach clenching when I saw Damon's name on the screen. Answering the phone I wait  for him to say something but nothing comes.

"Hello?" I ask waiting for an answer.

"Oaklyn?" Damon asks sounding out of breath.

"Yes it's me, what's going on?" but before he could answer the line goes dead, making my heart drop.

But ten seconds later I get a text with an adress. Running to Elena's car I quickly get in and drive to the adress. 

Getting out of the car I'm met with an old, creepy warehouse in the middle of nowhere. 

Walking up to the door I call out to Damon but don't receive an asnwer. Once I get in I am hit with a smell of something rotting.

"Damon?" I call out once more, the smell of blood getting stronger and stronger with every step I take. 

"O." someone grunts out making me turn to see Damon laying on the floor in pain. 
"Damon!" I exclaim rushing towards him and dropping on my knees and helping him up.

"What happeed?" I ask, taking his head into my hands.

"Logan happened." he groans, screaming right after when he digs his fingers into his leg pulling out a piece of wood and dropping it onto the floor.

"What was that?" 

"Wooden bullets, apparently Logan has a gun full of them." he says digging out another one, me joining in to help him.

I watch him start to sway and see his eyes closing, after we removed every bullet.

"Here." I say stretching my wrist out to him. "You need blood."

"I'm fine." he grunts out standing up on shaky legs wobbling a bit.

I quickly stood up and grabbed his torso steadying him.

"Damon, you're not fine. You need blood."  I say once again looking into his eyes and stretching my wrist out to him. 

Looking at me he takes my hand and lifts it to his mouth. I hiss in pain as he sinks his fangs into my arm. His red eyes meet mine, making me shiver. Lifting my other hand up I run it across his cheek where his black veins are, admiring him. 

Shortly after Damon pulls away looking stronger than before. As we continue to look at each other, we hear a door opening and quickly turn around coming face to face with Logan. Looking at Logan I see that he his holding a wooden stake in his hand which he throws right at me making it lodge into my stomach.

Everything happens so fast that I don't even relize that Damon doesn't waste a second before he starts to shoot Logan over and over again until there are no bullets left. Coming towards me he quickly pulls out the stake and feeds me his blood. Going outside we get into Elena's car him driving. 

While we drive to home I get the courage to talk. "I thought you left."

"I was going to."

"Why didn't you?" I ask curiously.

"I have my reasons." he says looking at me before turning back to the road. 

I hum in aknowledgement and turn to look out the window, trying to hide my hurt expression from him. I knew it wasn't because of me, so there was no point getting my hopes up. After that the ride is quite.

Our first stop is Damon's house . Once we reach it we both get out the car and while he walks to the house, I walk around the car to the driver's side. "Bye Damon." I say, opening the door.

"Bye pretty girl." he says before walking inside.

Getting into the car I quickly drive off. Not wanting to go home yet I just drive around for a little bit, stopping at wickery bridge before driving home. 

Suddenly I see someone standing in the middle of the road making me cut the wheel as hard as I can but instead of turning the car flips over, making the windows break and throwing me into the roof. Feeling my head hit the roof and a shard of glass lodged into my stomach. Looking down the road I see the person I hit coming towards me closer and closer.

Feeling myself lose consciousness I fight to keep my eyes open.  Then I see Damon kneeling in front of me asking me if I'm okay.

"It hurts Damon." I cry out still fighting the urge to just close my eyes.

"Oaklyn. Hey. Oaklyn don't close your eyes. Stay with me."

"I'm here." I whisper.

"Okay I need you to put your hands onto the roof."

Following his directions I put my hands onto the roof. The last thing I feel is being lifted up before slipping into darkness.

Damon's POV

Lifting Oaklyn up I can feel her slipping away.

"Oaklyn open your eyes."

"Come on Oaklyn you can't die on me." I say trying to wake her up but to no avail.

Picking her up again I let my tears slide down and bring her towards my car.