Pilot

(season1episode1)

Waking up, I immediately go into the bathroom to shower, not caring about the cold water

Waking up, I immediately go into the bathroom to shower, not caring about the cold water. Since I lost my parents, I've been kinda numb. I don't even think anyone noticed. Not wanting to waste more time, I quickly shaved and washed and then got out.

Walking back o my room, I shut the door behind me. I let my hair down and opened my window to let some fresh air in. I sat at my vanity and did my make-up. I jumped when I heard caw Looking to my left,  I saw a large crow sitting on my window seal. 

"Hello, Bird" I say, it cocking it's head at me and flying away. Shaking my head I turn back around and quickly do my hair. 

When I'm done I go to my closet and pick out my outfit for the day and get dressed.

Looking in the mirror one last time, I hear a knock on my door. "Come in." I say, seeing Jeremy at the door. 

"You're ready?" he asks, looking at me in a knowing way. You know that look that says I understand you, I know how it is and what it feels like. But the truth is they don't know what it's like to hate everything about yourself, they don't know that you would do anything just to feel something again.

I can't blame Jeremy nor Elena for the looks. They think I feel this way because of the accident and yeah it plays a part in all of this but this hatred for myself has started way before this. But they don't know that and I don't want them to know that. They already have so much on their plate, I dont want to add more stuff to it.

"Yep." I say, looking at him through the mirror. With one last look at myself I force a smile and start making my way out of my room and down the stairs with Jeremy right behind me. 

Stopping at the door, I turn around facing Jeremy. "I'm going to walk." I say. Nodding he understands that I rather be alone these days. Grabbing my bag i walk out and down the road towards the school. 

As I walk I listen to music and start to take my current read out of my bag, when something flies past my face, making me jump back and drop my book on the ground. Crouching down to pick it back up I look over my shoulder seeing another crow not to far away from me.

I stand up placing my hands on my hip, looking at it disapprovingly. Sighing I start to walk again looking over my book glad it's not harmed in any way. 

When I get to school I go to the restroom waiting there untill the bell rings. 

The day went by pretty fast, but I still let out a relaxed breath when the final bell rings.
All I wanted to do is get out of here.

Walking into the cemetery I walk past my parents grave knowing Elena will be here soon to write. One of the few things we have in common. Seeing the old crypt I walk to it, but stop when I see that it is open. Before I can leave a guy around my age comes out and stops when he sees me.

"Sorry, I uh came here to read." I say quickly trying to explain myself. 

"I'll just go." I say taking a step backwards.

"No, that's alright. I was just visiting. Feel free to stay. I'm Stefan." He says walking to me holding out his hand. 

"Oaklyn." I say taking his hand.  

"You have family here?" I ask looking at the crypt behind him. "Eh, yeah distant but I come here to think." he says quickly.

"Oh, sorry for trespassing."

"No by all means stay." he says smiling politely.  Turning around to say thank you I see that he's gone. 

Sitting down I pull my book and phone out of my bag. Putting my headphones in I turn on music and continue reading.  Looking up I see fog rolling around me. Taking one earbud out I look around, jumping when I once again hear a loud caw. Turning around I see a large crow sitting on a stone. 

Looking back down to my book I continue reading where I left of, jumping again when the crow flies closer. "You've got to stop doing that!" I exclaim poiting at it, only getting a caw back. 

Finishing the last chapter the crow caws loudly and flies away. Slinging my bag over my shoulder I make my way home. 

Walking into the house I see Elena getting ready. "Where are you going?" I ask her. 
"I'm meeting Bonnie at the grill. You wanna come?" she asks looking at me. 

"No. Thanks for asking though" I answer shooting her a small smile.