"Don't call me that Nick, seriously. And what do you need to go to the store for?" The boy rolled his eyes at her scolding and dropped onto the bed beside her, pulling the pillow away from her face and answering her.

"I need new trunks, I ripped a hole in the ass fifteen minutes ago because Noah dared me to do a split." Betty looked at her brother with a deadpan look, her heart rate still sky high as she tried to process everything that was happening in the few minutes since she had been awake. "Hello?"

"Yeah okay whatever.  I'll get dressed and we can go." She said, sitting up from where she had been laying back. The younger boy bounded off of the bed, giving her a thumbs up and disappearing out of the room. She let out a sigh but was quickly rejoined by the same boy, his face looking like one of caution as he shook his head at her.

"Oh by the way...we were wrong. They showed up."

"Yeah I know." She said, shaking her head at the boy as she closed her bedroom door in his face. She locked it, walking towards her dresser and pulling out a change of clothes. Her hair was a fuzzy mess but she got dressed before she worried about it, the hairbrush pulling through it to smooth it out. She eventually settled on pulling it half up and leaving the rest of it down, the girl applying some chapstick and then heading towards the door. She grabbed her keys and wallet from the vanity and then started down the stairs, almost having forgotten about the fact she had had a silent run in with the person she wanted to avoid the most. However her memory was quickly jogged when a plate of brownies was shoved into her hands by her mom, Betty immediately going to argue before the woman had even told her what they were for.

"No way. No way I'm not—"

"Betty Elizabeth I am not going to hear you argue. Now you take those brownies over to Susannah without a fuss and then you take your brother to get new shorts do you hear me?" Her mothers demands didn't stop her from refusing though, pure terror in her eyes as her brothers watched from the kitchen.

"I cant do it mom! I cant go over there right now I'm  really—"

"You have five minute to be over there or you won't do a single damn thing this summer. Do you hear me?" The silence that followed was obvious, Betty was beyond mad. Her lips were parted and she had a look of pure desperation on her face. Her eyes traveled to her brothers and they offered no help, her lip curling up in disgust as she looked at them and wondered how they couldn't try and defend her when they knew just how bad this was. The silence was never ending, and she swallowed hard when she realized there was no way out of it.

"Unbelievable!" She shouted as she ripped the front door open, slamming it closed behind her and sucking in a large amount of outside air.

Betty stomped across the yard and into the neighbors, mumbling and cursing under her breath as the remnants of anger gripped her. It was only when she was standing right in front of the door that she realized where she was, and how severely  messed up it was that she was standing here. She choked, her eyes widening as she looked down at the plate of brownies and then back up at the door. Her heart was somewhere between completely stopped or absolutely frantic, and she had no idea how to discern which it was. Her stomach was knotted like she was ill and she considered sprinting away, but she knew her mother would find out... so instead she lifted her hand.

The lifting of her hand didn't do much, her knuckles hovering over the door as she ran her tongue over her top lip, trying to run through the probability that Conrad answered the door. She had a 1 in 3 chance, but she knew that it was about 50/50 just because of her shit luck. She counted the cracks on the doorstep for a few more moments before she finally screwed her eyes shut, hitting the door a few times and then letting out a breath she had been holding for awhile.