Chapter 19: A Wild Confrontation

Start from the beginning

"The Byakugan is special gift from the Hyuga clan. It allows one to see one's chakra network. I originally got it from a scuffle I had years ago. Glad to see it's helping you. May I suggest not to overuse it Shishi-san. It's very delicate still and it needs more time to adjust to your body." Ao advised.

"This should be interesting. A Sharingan and a Byakugan together. I didn't think it was possible." Harribel wondered curiously.

"To be honest I'm surprised it even functions. I should've had an aneurysm with such a dangerous procedure but guess I'm lucky! As an Uchiha it would be a disgrace to use a dojutsu of our rival. I can only imagine Fugaku's reaction." Shisui laughed uncomfortably.

"I forget your clan is known to be very prideful. As expected from such. I've fought against many Uchiha in my time as Anbu. It feels rather strange how friendly you are. You almost remind me of Obito: The Red Devil."

"That's my brother you're talking about. Speaking of nii-san I heard he took the old man's robe. Man, he must be having a field day!" Shisui laughed.

"If you come with us there is a good chance you get to meet him yourself." Terumi said.

"It's best that we don't. There's going to be many nations competing. The last thing I need is drawing unnecessary attention. I'll just go in as Hikaru to remain anonymous." Shisui said as adjusted his eye patch on his right eye as the group embarked towards Konoha.

"So, the old fool chose Obito-kun kukuku." Orochimaru laughed.

"It shouldn't come off as surprise my lord. The old Hokage has been training him for years. I could care less about those poor sheep! I want to kill that Kyubi brat and his brother for what they did. I was a fool to attack an Uchiha head on, but I'm prepared now. With this new power I can crush any big that gets in the way. Once I kill them, I will kill Iruka and then the brat's mother!" Mizuki said with vengeful snarl as his veins were flowing with newfound powers.

"As much as I relish in your little vendetta, we still need them for Orochimaru-sama. Don't even think about killing them. Your job is only defeat them in battle." Kabuto reminded him.

"You better stay outta my way four eyes! You're the last person I should take orders from! I only follow Orochimaru-sama alone!" Mizuki shoved Kabuto away in a swipe.

"You've gotten very arrogant ever since Orochimaru-sama gave you power. Just like he can grant you power, he could dispose you just the same way. I would advise not getting carried away especially when we have allies to help us." Kabuto's kunais was close to Mizuki's neck.

"Still as sharp as ever Kabuto-kun. That's why I like you so much. As long Mizuki-kun can pound them to an inch of their life it shouldn't be much of a hassle. Though I must warn you, the two boys already awakened their Sharingan don't let your guard down." The snake advised.

"Don't worry my lord. This new power is enough to stop these two brats!" Mizuki laughed manically.

"It's time for a new identity. Obviously, I cannot come as myself though the thought of Konoha looking in horror would be amusing. I don't want to alert the Kages kukuku." Orochimaru laughed as he put on his Otogakure headband ready to head to the newly crafted village.

Back in Konoha the village prepared for the upcoming Chunin exams. With Suna, Kiri, Kumo, and Oto shinobis coming over Konoha had to made sure everything went perfectly. Obito worked nonstop to setting up the arena, hiring the folks running the exam, setting delegation to welcome the kages, and record the attendance.

Right now, Sakura was standing at the bridge by herself. For the past few months, she reflected on her own failures. The failure of protecting the old man, the failure of protecting Naruto when he was down, the failure of being any use the entire time. She was essentially a sitting duck the entire time. The closest thing she could count as a breakthrough was her discovering and training her chakra nature. By now her Liquid Bullet could deal real damage this time. If she concentrated hard enough, she could make the impact feel like a punch. The drawbacks are still there, but it was less draining to do.