Chapter 8: New Arrangements

The next day

The Uchiha couple left Konoha while the Uchiha brothers laid there in the cold, desolate street for the rest of the night. The entire Uchiha District has been destroyed at a scale never seen before since the Kyuubi attack. Kakashi ran to the Hokage tower to inform Sandaime about the recent event that transpired last night. Over there he found his friend Obito was standing right beside Sandaime as well as his restored right eye.

"O-Obito what happened to you?" Kakashi said wide eyed.

"It's a long story but you can guess what happened last night" Obito said in an urgent tone.

"So, it was true the entire clan was wiped out" Kakashi lowered his head.

"It was a terrible sight Kakashi there were corpses of my fellow clan members littered everywhere, I haven't felt this angry since the Battle of Kannabi Bridge" Obito said with fury in his voice.

"Who could have done this?" asked Kakashi.

The Hokage sigh with his head down "We don't have the full answers, but what from Obito-kun told me, the culprit was the same man that attacked our village years ago using the Kyuubi. Other than that, we that we don't have enough answers, all we know is he was the main culprit in Fugaku's death as Obito was the main witness. We also suspect Danzo had a hand in this as today seemed too convenient as it coincided with the day all our anbu's were away on a mission.

"The clan chief is dead?! That's impossible he is one of the strongest shinobi in our village, if he was able to take him out, then our village really is in danger what can we do?" Kakashi said in shock.

"For now, we need to focus on finishing this investigation and clean up all the bodies from the Uchiha district" Sandaime smoked his pipe.

"I want the entire Anbu squad to investigate the massacre search the entire Uchiha district, identify all the bodies, give me the cause of death if there is any trace of evidence capture no matter how insignificant it is. Search for any possible survivors I have a feeling the culprit didn't get through all of them. Kakashi you will lead the investigation I trust you're capable of doing this operation. Obito will be our main witness which is why he will remain here until further notice" Sandaime ordered before Obito interrupted them.

"Wait I almost forgot to tell you that my wife and daughter are still asleep. Right when the attack commenced, I cast them on a genjutsu that masked their chakra signal so they wouldn't get to them."

Remember this is still a secret between us for now until this matter is thoroughly solved" Sandaime finished giving a nod to Kakashi.

"HAI!"

"I'm sorry Minato I really wished there was a way to avoid this. I tried everything in my power to prevent this from happening I just sincerely hope your son survived this." Sandaime thought, knowing he broke Minato's promise of protecting his clan.

"There's no way we could convict Danzo Sandaime-sama?" Obito said impatiently.

"I'm afraid we can't, not without sufficient evidence. Danzo is crafty individual, and he won't allow his forces to discuss anything what happened, he is very efficient at covering his tracks. Not only that, but my two old friends have his complete support to oppose me, I'm afraid we may not find anything related to Danzo" Sandaime let out a long sigh. "I understand how you feel, but our village security comes first. Remain strong Obito-kun I know that what your father would've said" he smiled at the spiky Uchiha.

Kakashi and the whole anbu squad went to the Uchiha district to investigate. Upon entering they were greeted by the horrific scene of bloodshed all over the streets. Kakashi was shocked by the culprit's sheer cruelty. The utter stench of blood caused several anbu to vomit. After several minutes of searching, the search party found the body of two boys slumped down on the floor. Four anbu were sent to check any vital signs.