Chapter 2: Twins

The next day

The Kyuubi attack left a significant part of the village devastated. The villagers were scared and confused why the creature suddenly appeared and demanded to know who was behind it. The council was the most suspicious, they blamed the Uchiha's since it was reported that the masked man was an Uchiha. The role Uchiha Minato played was now given back to his sensei's teacher, Hiruzen or the "Professor" once a very close comrade with Uchiha Kagami, Obito's father. Hiruzen was still grieving for the loss of his young student, but he knew there was no one else for the role, of course he wanted to hand it over Obito, but the boy was still young perhaps he could shape him to be his successor, but now Konoha needed a capable leader and was sure as hell wasn't going to let Danzo take it from him.

"Minato..." cried Fugaku in grief. His last memory was Minato's sacrifice he then remembered the promise he gave to raise their son. "N-Naruto I need to find him" said Fugaku as he jumps out of bed. He then here loud crying from the other and instantly bolted to the other room. He saw his wife cradling the boys and took a deep breath. "You're awake dear I'm happy you're alive" replied his wife. "No, I should be saying that I couldn't even find you but I'm glad the kids are alright".

His wife's smile faltered as she quietly weeps. "K-Kushina my best friend, I-I can't believe she's gone s-she was everything to me" cried Mikoto. "I know Mikoto-chan, I feel the same way for Minato even though we were rivals in the beginning, he was a great man who helped me become the man I am, but we must remain strong dear for the kids" "Itachi, OH MY GOD!" said the mother dashing out the room back at the waiting room.

"Nurse where is my son Itachi have you seen him he's about five years old" Mikoto questioned.

"He is waiting on the other side an Anbu came here earlier to drop him off so you are the mother well I will call him," said the nurse. The nurse called his name after a few second the little Uchiha ran back into his father's arms. He then notices the two babies sleeping together "Are they my younger brothers I thought it you were only giving birth to one?" question Itachi.

"Well son it turned out it was twins the one of right is named Sasuke while the other one is Naruto" explains Mikoto. "You mean like fishcake?" replied the young boy earning a laugh from his parents. "No sweetie it means maelstrom, but it could mean fishcake as well" replied Mikoto "Please don't tell me that the intention of Kushina, I hope he's not a ramen addict like her. Who am kidding? I'm jinxing myself already" she sweat dropped.

Everyone was saddened at the loss of Minato Uchiha, who was by many, a hero. The Uchihas were the most saddened as he was the son of their first village chief, Izuna. At his request, he was buried near the Uchiha district, A large funeral was held near at the heart of the village. To his close friends he was a selfless man who helped improve relations between his clan and the village to his fellow Uchiha he was hailed as a Unifier or peacemaker for bringing the clan united after period of civil discourse. The chief of the clan, Fugaku was present to give a eulogy.

"Uchiha Minato was many people. He was a kind man who helped out a fellow comrade in need. He was a hero who defeated all of our enemies saved out village from imminent danger. He was also a determined shinobi who never gave up in the heat of battle and was a person who can rely on. It was thanks to his sacrifice our village will finally enjoy the peace he always wanted. It was thanks to him that I became chief, and I owe my life to him. Him and his wife Kushina were great people who served the village well as you know she had quite the personally but a misunderstand woman. That woman had a heart of fire for the village even though circumstances prevented her from a full-fledged shinobi she was the perfect role model for our police force. Her fiery determination helped reduce the corruption that this village was plagued. We must not feel saddened as he gave us opportunity live in harmony with the rest of the village and as clan head I will continue to carry on his ideals and legacy. This day begins a new era for our clan."