Chapter 18: Dawn of a new Era

Things have been rather calm for Naruto Uchiha. With the C ranked turned A rank mission behind him, life returned to normal. He still did mission, but they were D-rank aka doing basic chores.

Naruto took the time to self reflect on his character. Looking back, he was hasty on accepting such a mission. What was supposed to just a mission to help out team Kurenai turned into a fierce battle against Zabuza and Gato's forces. There were many close calls, some he would like to forget, but they resolved the issue by eliminating Gato once and for all. The two teams resolved the conflict with Zabuza and Harribel and they left on their own accord carrying an unconscious Haku with them.

He'll never forgot that pained look of suffering from her. It's clear to Naruto the girl went through a lot. He just hopes she made a full recovery.

The question burning in his mind right now was the damn furball he got to encounter right after the battle. It was clear Naruto wasn't conscious during the ordeal. Even through the fox tried his best to intimidate and scare Naruto into pulling the seal, he looked more desperate more than anything. It seemed years living in that cage has taken a toll on the seal. The fact that the Kyubi chakra leaked twice was something of great concern. If could not control it now, this may cause problems later down the line.

"So many things happened in those two months. I need to find out more about the Kyubi. I still have a feeling he's hiding something from me. All I know is they I was chosen by Yondaime to stop the rampage from happening. I see why people were afraid of me. I just need to give it more time and focus on myself. By the Chunin exams coming soon I'll show everyone the real me." Naruto thought as he was meditating. Opening his eyes, he activated the Sharingan.

His body disappeared and reappeared in midair as he weaves through handsigns.

Fire Style Fireball Jutsu

Naruto activated his fireball justu blowing a large ball of fire across the Uchiha pound. Compared to the one and Land of Waves, this one was larger and sturdier made to melt down most kunais. Once the smoke cleared, he brushed off on his taijutsu by fighting against a clone of himself. Ever since he mastered it, it has become his main arsenal.

He thought of several plans of how to utilize his clones more than just cannon fodder.

"On one hand I could create diversions by making perform a fireball justu or throw shuriken so I could arrive from behind and finish the enemy off. The only issue is the clone's chakra are divided which makes them easy to take out. Probably not best to do a drawn-out fight. Learned that from fighting Kakashi sensei. I need to find a way to make these clones stronger."

Naruto kept doing several punches and kicks, hoping to catch the clone off guard. He was using his Sharingan to evaluate the clone's every form. It's posture, its patterns, it's attacks. How well it can anticipate his attacks. The fight against Harribel made him realize he still needed a long way to work. That was the last time he would let his guard down like that. He almost let Sakura die because of his carelessness.

Naruto stood on the water staring at his own clone.

"For being an exact replica, you do a good job imitating me." Naruto admitted.

"Thanks boss! My job is to be an exact copy of you. Compared to the others you hired I'm your most reliable clone. If you need assistance feel free to summon me." The clone responded with a cheeky grin.

"If the situation calls, I'll be sure summon you. Feel free to rest today you earned it." Naruto smiled before the clone poofed out of existence. He deactivated his Sharingan soon after he went to cool off the sweat he had from training.