-13-

⚔︎ Water and Blood ⚔︎

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Water and blood, water and blood, two very different memories, and yet they kept appearing together, why?

Water and blood, water and blood, what did they have in common?

Water and blood, water and blood, water, and blo-

Renly froze.

The boy.

Two memories, water and blood, and the boy!

That's what she had been missing.

She searched her memories again and again, looking for a face, trying to remember.

Water, blood, boy, water, blood, and boy, wate-

Holy shit.

Watching her father hang in the streets and her mother's bleeding neck.

Falling into the river in Londinium.

The boy who'd helped her escape, both times.

Arthur.

Renly laughed at the absurdity of it all.

Fate was a fickle mistress indeed.

Renly was walking in silence following Margot.

The mage had walked into her room and stared at her for a moment before telling her to follow.

So Renly did. She grabbed her sword and followed Margot without question.

They walked in silence, her friend picking ingredients along the way.

"Not that I do not love your company Mar but what are we doing?"

Margot's lips twitched up in as close of a smile as you could get with her.

"We're going to talk to the king."

Margot said calmly.

Renly looked at her slightly confused but nodded nonetheless.

When they reached the river, Arthur stood in the shallows washing his face. The sword stood driven into the ground beside him.

Renly stopped at the edge of the ruined bridge watching as Margot approached the true-born king.

She tried not to think about how incredibly attractive he was, nor how his shirt molded to his body like a second skin because of the water.

Nope.

"I still can't control it."

Arthur spoke to the mage.