lose yourself - 8 mile

"Bellamy.." 

Beatrix's palms were sweaty, breathing heavily and she choked. She choked in front of the crowd who had believed up until now that she had hated Murphy enough to kill him herself. 

She jumped as Bellamy kicked the barrels underneath Murphy's feet. His jaw clenched, looking conflicted. It was chaos. "Bell.. Bell." She muttered, following him, not really wanting to watch Murphy choke to death.

"HOW COULD YOU!" Clarke cried out, inches away from his face

"This is on you princess! You should've kept your mouth shut." He screamed, roughly pulling Clarke by her shirt to face him, and Beatrix raised an eyebrow at the close tension between the two. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Finn ran through the crowd looking at them all like they were crazy, which they were. "Cut him down!! Charlotte get out of here, NOW. Cut him down!" He continued to scream.

"Just stop okay!" Charlotte screamed, making the crowd go completely silent. "Murphy didn't kill Wells! I did." Beatrix gasped, along with everyone else. Clarke's eyes widened, grabbing an axe and cutting the rope holding Murphy up, who was close to passing out. 

Bellamy's face dropped as he locked eyes with Charlotte's. She held a guilty expression and he just looked defeated. He felt defeated.

Beatrix and Clarke rushed towards Murphy, helping untie the rope around his neck as he struggled to get a breath in. "Fuck you." He wheezed, smacking Beatrix across her cheek. She just sighed and shoved him to the ground, following everyone into Bellamy's tent. 

"Charlotte, what were you thinking?" Clarke questioned as they heard all the chaos outside. 

"Bring out the girl, Bellamy!.. Beatrix, bring out the little bitch." 

"I was just trying to slay my demons, like you told me." She defended. Both Clarke and Beatrix shared a look before glaring at Bellamy.

"You idiot! Bellamy what did you tell her?" Beatrix questioned, lightly shoving him. 

"Yeah, what is she talking about?" Finn interrupted. 

"She misunderstood. Charlotte that is not what I meant." 

"Bring the girl out now!" Murphy continued to shout and Beatrix figured it was fair enough. They had just hung him to a tree when they thought he was the murderer, and when they find out it's Charlotte the rules suddenly change?

"Please don't let them hurt me." Charlotte pleaded with Bellamy who obviously had a soft spot for the girl, she reminded him of his sisters when they were young. 

"I'm sorry but you did this to yourself Char-"

"Shut up Beatrix, she's just a kid."

"Yeah and so was I Bellamy." She spat "You MURDERED someone. You cannot blame that on your age." Everyone paused. "This is on you Charlotte."