the cut that always bleeds

"Come on, lets go talk."

......

Murphy and Beatrix had eventually fallen asleep. Until a blood curdling scream woke both of them in a panic. They emerged from the cave, earning a strange look from Clarke and an even stranger look from Bellamy.

But Beatrix's eyes were glued to the ground where a body lay. She instantly recognised the boy as Atom, and dragged her gaze towards her brother, looking mutually terrified. "Son of a bitch." He murmured, while comforting one of the younger girls down on earth.

"Bellamy-" Beatrix started as Bellamy rushed over to Atom, screaming his name and kneeling next to him, clearly unsure on what to do. He looked panicked, and scared. But Atom was breathing. Beatrix gasped, he'd been alive this entire time, probably in excruciating pain. She watched as he whispered something to Bellamy. "What's- What's he saying" She questioned as Bellamy ignored her.

Atom continued to mumble, choking out a "kill me." only just loud enough for her to hear. "I can't- I can't breath." He gasped for air, and she watched the young girl pass a knife to Bellamy, who was still frozen.

"Go back to camp." He ordered, but Charlotte and Beatrix stood still. "Charlotte.. You too." He mumbled. Beatrix knew he would want her back at camp too. But she also knew that Bellamy needed her there. He knelt back down, shaking slightly as Beatrix made her way over to him. "B you don't need to see this. Go." He mumbled.

"No. Bell, I can do it." She spoke softly, putting a hand on his back.

"No, no I won't let you do that." He mumbled, but his eyes were crying for help. They both turned their gaze to Clarke who made her way to the boy.

"I heard screams."

"Charlotte found him. I sent her back to camp." He explained. 

He gave her a look, to ask if he could live, and Clarke scanned his body simply shaking her head at him. He looked up at Beatrix for comfort, and the girl knelt down next to him, both thinking about Octavia. As Bellamy locked eyes with her she could feel how much pain he was in, letting him wrap an arm around her. 

Bellamy was at a loss. It was no longer just his sisters that he was responsible for. He had an entire camp of kids that looked to him as their leader.

"Okay. I'm gonna help you, all right?" Clarke spoke to Atom. Beatrix and Bellamy watched as the girl started to hum, slowly taking the blade from Bellamy and stabbing Atom through the neck.

Beatrix saw the look Bellamy gave Clarke as he watched her in admiration. She smiled, as she watched his trust and care for her shift. As Clarke continued to hum while Atom passed away, Beatrix glanced over the trees, seeing Charlotte watching from afar. As Charlotte's eyes caught hers she ran away, leaving Beatrix confused, she wondered why a little girl would want to watch something that horrific.